Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diabetes

[quote=$sTaCeY$]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade
    Although it is quite difficult cause he's got a major sweet tooth, but we have stocked up on special choclate from Thorntons.

QUOTE]

Is that sugar free chocolate u have got for him?
    Yea it is, its especially for people with diabities, its actually quite nice!!

[QUOTE=Jade]
    Quote Originally Posted by $sTaCeY$

Yea it is, its especially for people with diabities, its actually quite nice!!
    I bet it cost alot of money then, before we was looking around for sugar free chocolate and the prices we saw!! £1 for a little tiny bar of chocolate and for a 200g bar it was nearly over £4 i cant remember which shop it was now but i know i we will never go there again.

We have been told that belgian chocolate is meant to be ok for diabetics

$sTaCeY$

I was just thinking if you boy friend has tea or coffee and has sugar you need to get him some sort of sweetner my dad has splender it tastes like sugar but is ok for diabetics

$sTaCeY$

If you look at the rate of diabetes you'll see it increasing. Kids are now getting diabetes at an early age because of all the sweets that are thrown at them.

I've cut out as much sugar from my diet as possible. Its amazing the amount of products that have sugar added to them. I've started to change my eating habits in accordance with whfoods.com

Hey guys,

I went out with a mate today and bought a Fanta Fruit Twist.. (and I hardly have anything except water unless I go to a party or something).. and I was thirsty because of the 30 minute up and down the hill walk lol. We then went back to her house and I had a few sweets with my drink.. And later I felt sooooo dizzy and a bit sick.. I think it was because of the sweet intake I had in one go.. (god im never doing that again.. a lesson..)

+ I'm worried this may be because I my (close) family has got quite a history of diabetes and I love my sweets.. I do try and reduce this but could this be related or something?

I don't have any of the symptons I posted from the official diabetes site.. I do have blured vision but that's because I'm always on the computer.. and it's for far away stuff and I got glasses for that..

Is it true obesity can lead to diabetes? I'm kinda overweight and worried i have started dieting again and exercise.

Also what alcoholic beverages can diabetics drink please?

Obesity can increase your chance of having type 2 diabetes. If your waist is 31.5 inches (women), 35 inches or over for Asian men and 37 inches or over for white and black men then you're at risk.

There's some info here on alcohol.
    Last edited by Abigail; 26-10-2009 at 20:40.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

lizann (27-10-2009)

I am a size 6-8 in clothes and I am a type 2 diabetic and have been for the last 5 yrs so I am not fat or overweight for my height but I still managed to become a diabetic. I take just one tablet in the evening of a combination pill called- Pioglitazone and Metformin. Which works a treat as I was taking just ordinary metformin when I was first diagnosed but this had no effect on my blood sugar reading - I have no history of this in my family and check my sugar levels twice a day plus watching what I eat....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hannelene For This Useful Post:

lizann (27-10-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Hannelene View Post
    I am a size 6-8 in clothes and I am a type 2 diabetic and have been for the last 5 yrs so I am not fat or overweight for my height but I still managed to become a diabetic. I take just one tablet in the evening of a combination pill called- Pioglitazone and Metformin. Which works a treat as I was taking just ordinary metformin when I was first diagnosed but this had no effect on my blood sugar reading - I have no history of this in my family and check my sugar levels twice a day plus watching what I eat....
    Thats interesting about the combination pill. im currently on metformin 4 times a day and it makes me feel really bad. Docs have told me i just need to put up with it....might have to bring this up and my next clinic appointment.

Im slightly overweight and apparently the metformin can help bring your weight down but think it may have the oposite affect on me. Have read somewhere its all to do with the time you take it at having the best effect...does anyone know if this is true?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post

Also what alcoholic beverages can diabetics drink please?
    light lagers probably

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (27-10-2009)

Thread Information