Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TV tot has downs

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan
    isnt' it rumoured that Stacey is pregnant for Bradley?? I reckon it would be billy and honey though
    Yeah that rumour has been going round...but i think it's actually happening. I think it will be Billy and Honey having the downs baby though, i think the storyline would be better for Billy and Honey.

Quote Originally Posted by daveywavey
    Yeah that rumour has been going round...but i think it's actually happening. I think it will be Billy and Honey having the downs baby though, i think the storyline would be better for Billy and Honey.
    Yeah I read the articule in the sun and what I like about it was that they said EE was going to use an child with DS when the baby got older, which means they have no plan to kill the baby or adopt it out. I hope they do this real justice
    Super Mod

I can't wait to see this. According to All About Soap its the first in a long line of real hard issues EastEnders will be doing over the Autumn & Winter months.
    Last edited by In The Know; 31-07-2006 at 15:56.

I heard about this, I think it is a good storyline, lets just hope the storyline is written well.
    Thanks to Abi for my fab avatar!

Its looking like it will be one of the Autumn highlights.

Since mine was closed here is what I said in post about the baby. This autumn Billy Mitchell & Honey attempt to marry for a 3rd time, and with Honey heavily pregnant by then you can tell it's not just going to go all plain sailing - especially at a Mitchell Wedding.

But there will also be a tragedy befalling the couple. Honey goes into labour during her wedding - and Billy is then left with the tough decision to tell her that their child has downs syndrome. The baby will be a girl, and they will rename her Petal (originally going to be name Janet after Honey's mother).

So this autumn will be an emotionally charged time for the newlyweds. Question is can they both cope with the news. It'll be interesting to see how this storyline pans out - because it could show the positives of having a child with downs - instead of portraying all the negatives. Or it could just show a bit of both.

Source: Inside Soap (6-12 August 2006)
    The Connor family line up on the Corrie cobbles

It's a good storyline, but Billy has no luck does he?, first everything going on with Freddie, and now when he finally has a baby it ends up having downs syndrome. I definetely think they'll handle this. Billy has had a lot of practice with Little Mo, coping with difficult situations, and I'm sure he'll be a tower of strength.

I am soo excited it starts next week. I found a picture of it, poor Honey http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds36397.html

It is great Eastenders are doing this. I have a lot of respect for ee and hollyoaks, while Hollyoaks may not be my fave they both do such hard-hitting storylines!! I think Emma is a great actress, and will no doubt pull it off well.

EE will do its usual cack handed way of dealing with this sensitive story just like they did with Dot's two week cancer storyline. The writers havent the ability to explore Downs syndrome in depth and they certainly havent any actors capable of carrying it out. Leave the sensitive storylines to the soaps that can carry them out.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by alan45
    EE will do its usual cack handed way of dealing with this sensitive story just like they did with Dot's two week cancer storyline. The writers havent the ability to explore Downs syndrome in depth and they certainly havent any actors capable of carrying it out. Leave the sensitive storylines to the soaps that can carry them out.
    I disagree, i think EE will have the ability to do this storyline and issue some justice and i think both Emma and Perry will act it out brilliantly, i think the producers gave this storyline to the right couple. It's good that EE is tackling such a serious issue.

I have every confidence this storyline will do well, we'll just have to see how it all pans out.

Thread Information