Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: EE lost to emmerdale again

Quote Originally Posted by Birks_2k4
    I can't understand why anybody would have chosen to watch EE on Thursday night knowing that something as good as this was going to happen in Emmerdale. (Unless of course you've never watched Emmerdale before which is obviously an exception! lol)
    LOL! or you just fancied having a snooze

Easties are going to have big problems over the coming weeks, due to Emmerdale running two big storylines side by side and there is plenty more to come.

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

Quote Originally Posted by Babe14
    LOL! or you just fancied having a snooze

Easties are going to have big problems over the coming weeks, due to Emmerdale running two big storylines side by side and there is plenty more to come.
    a snooze haha

Yep Emmerdale's certainly going to have a lot going on over the coming weeks with this explosion..

Spoiler:
    also Terence's body being discovered in the foundations of the wreckage

and

Spoiler:
    Alice dying

..so i'm guessing there's maybe going to be another one or two head to heads coming up in the next few months No doubt Emmerdale will be winning unless EE pulls their fingers out and gives us some DECENT viewing.
    Last edited by Chris_2k11; 15-07-2006 at 10:52.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    There is that thing like someone else said before though, about people recording EE to watch after watching Emmerdale, as the hour long episodes started before EE did. I did exactly that - watched Emmerdale as it started before EE and recorded EE to watch later. So whilst the viewing figures are definitely down and something definitely needs to be done about EE, I don't think that the ratings are true figures of how many people are actually watching in that sense of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jojomum
    There is that thing like someone else said before though, about people recording EE to watch after watching Emmerdale, as the hour long episodes started before EE did. I did exactly that - watched Emmerdale as it started before EE and recorded EE to watch later. So whilst the viewing figures are definitely down and something definitely needs to be done about EE, I don't think that the ratings are true figures of how many people are actually watching in that sense of it.
    Surely when you record something it will somehow be picked up in the figures. If not add a few more figures onto Emmerdale as I always watch a day behind or in Easties case one week (omnibus).

Read in the sun that viewing figures dropped to 3.9m for EastEnders on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Birks_2k4
    Yep Emmerdale's certainly going to have a lot going on over the coming weeks with this explosion..

..so i'm guessing there's maybe going to be another one or two head to heads coming up in the nest few months No doubt Emmerdale will be winning unless EE pulls their fingers out and gives us some DECENT viewing.
    I feel that it's a little too late where Easties is concerned because of the "change" and more newbies are on their way. Given the fact that it takes a while for newbies to become "established" and they are concentrated on so we become familiar with them, I don't hold out much hope. (Like I have said previously I do still enjoy small areas of the soap) There is just nothing familiar about it anymore.
    However Emmerdale, still have most of the regular characters and the upcoming storylines involve them, plus ITV seem to have the best writers. (The best writers of all for me right now are the Australian ones.)
    Last edited by Babe14; 15-07-2006 at 10:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim131
    Read in the sun that viewing figures dropped to 3.9m for EastEnders on Thursday.
    Oh could that have something to do with an explosion I wonder....

Surely when you record something it will somehow be picked up in the figures. If not add a few more figures onto Emmerdale as I always watch a day behind or in Easties case one week (omnibus).
    I think they do but these aren't incorporated until a week after the programme in question was shown looking at the BARB website. They must do though otherwise they aren't true viewing figures. I think it takes up to a week for it all to be incorporated or something
    Last edited by Jojo; 15-07-2006 at 10:34.

Quote Originally Posted by jojomum
    I think they do but these aren't incorporated until a week after the programme in question was shown looking at the BARB website
    Thanks Thought they must be somehow. So going by that there are never really any "actual" viewing figures, more like approx.

Thanks Thought they must be somehow. So going by that there are never really any "actual" viewing figures, more like approx.
    Yep, though I don't think we need to know viewing figures to know how downhill EE has gone over the past couple of years - its nothing like it used to be and its no wonder the original cast are dropping like flies - rats and a sinking ship spring to mind.

Thread Information