Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pauline Leaving

Quote Originally Posted by Birks_2k4
    I know what you mean Babe14, it's like a different show these days.
    You don't recognise anyone anymore. Half the time the scripts are crap, characters have no personalities.
    After having said that I did quite enjoy last weeks and still enjoy parts of the soap but nowhere near as much as I used to. To be honest I think there may come a time in the very near future where I just won't bother with it anymore. To me it's just not the Eastenders I used to love and enjoy anymore.

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

Question

Well God Bless You Wendy Richards !

You are Eastenders first lady ! After 21 years where can you take Pauline Fowler with your most of your family missing or dead.

The question you ask is has she quit because she does not think the soap is any good anymore ? Could this be the first in a long line of people going? Will Ian, Pat and Dot be next ? You got to say that age may also be a part of it, 4 screenings a week, maybe it takes its toll after a while, you could argue the same with corrie but you never see the old ones very much in a week do you ? Eastenders has a 1/3 of the cast than what Corrie has !

Wendy Richards, has also suffered with her personal health in recent years and maybe she just wants to retire, She has had a huge career on the tv, with parts in On The Buses, various Carry On's plus Are you Being Served and the spin off series aswell as 21 years on once the biggest soap on TV.

She is a household name not many people in soaps can say that !

I cant help but think, that Wendy knows after 21 year when then storylines have been quite naff, enough is enough for the soap. With so many changes to the top brass, and good and naff stories, like The Return of Dirty Den, which was good for Pauline's future storyline, she might just think what is the point ?? I watched EE last night and its a shade of its former self. Peggy and Pat stuffing there faces with food and wine, and acting like best friends ! Yeah right coz to women would be like that in real like, Phil and Gary sitting on the sofa like best mates? So many stars walking around the square with no purpose. Jane is one of the best hopes for soap, but grant gone, all she does in moan ! Why give her a storyline and then drop her the next. With the Slaters gone, The Watts even Johnnie Allen (you knew something was going to come back and bite him on the bum, always) What is EE going to do with out The Fowler family now !!

We have the Brannings, the Wicks, the fox's, the Wet mitchells oh and half the Miller's! Seems we are doomed.

Well done Wendy for getting out now ! 21-years in the soap, a very big well done Honey

I want to wish wendy all the best whe she leaves. She has been a diamond in that show and good on her for lasting 21 years, she will be truly missed. Let's hope EE give her a fitting tribute and a corker of an exit. (none of this leaving in a taxi crap).
    I think it may be only a matter of time before dot and Ian follow her. Then there will be hardly any familiar faces in the square. I think its time that EE and other soaps cut back on the episodes they show on tv each week and concentrate on better and new storylines. This way they would encourage more actors to appear on the show. Instead of bringing in week characters who may look good in front of the camera but cant act for toffee.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Yes well my view on all this is that I think it's terrible news..........

........that we've got another 5 months of Pauline to bare.

lol nah seriously, Wendy Richards is an asset to EastEnders and the show won't be the same without her when she leaves. I wish her the best of luck for the future.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

it be sad to see her go lol not but dont think it be the same with out her

IVE BEEN TO SEE GUYS AND DOLLS
    R.I.P Dennis Rickman i will really miss you

Even though I'm not keen on the character, it will be a shame to see someone who has been in the show so long leaving.

I'm surprised she's been kept this long, so many characters are axed because there are no storylines for them and Pauline has been one of the ones with the lowest number.

well i'm glad were getting rid of the grumpy moo!! she's boring! hopefully they will kill her off

Quote Originally Posted by crazygirl
    well i'm glad were getting rid of the grumpy moo!! she's boring! hopefully they will kill her off
    Well there was a big article in the Sun newspaper today over Pauline departing Eastenders and they said that EE producers are planning to kill Pauline off at Christmas.

If this is true, this will be the most heartbreaking storyline at Christmas time that EE has ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by daveywavey
    Well there was a big article in the Sun newspaper today over Pauline departing Eastenders and they said that EE producers are planning to kill Pauline off at Christmas.

If this is true, this will be the most heartbreaking storyline at Christmas time that EE has ever had.
    Oh I dont think it will be that upsetting personally. I'm glad she is going, I mean, I don't think there is much left they could do with the character. Plus all her immediate family has gone or is going.

Bye, bye to the sour faced satsuma! lol

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Goodbye to the matriarch of Albert Square.

Shes been through a lot both on screen and off, and I for one will miss her. It won't be long now before the only other original (Adam Woodyatt) will leave - after 21 years of being a doormat, they are going to have to do something or he will be off soon too

Thread Information