Thread: ratings! emmerdale thrashes ee

ratings! emmerdale thrashes ee

Emmerdale emerged victorious over EastEnders in a heated head-to-head battle last night.

Both soaps aired special one-hour episodes at 7pm and, according to early figures, Emmerdale came out on top with almost 50% more viewers than its BBC rival.

An average of 9.06 million viewers - a 40.6% share of the available audience - tuned to ITV1, whereas just 6.27 million (28.1%) opted for the latest from Albert Square.

The figures mark EastEnders' second lowest ever in its 20-year history; the lowest being 6.2 million during another head-to-head in September of last year

EE was billed as "Who will be Queen of The Vic ?" But we all know EE drags things out for months and that will not be resolved for ages.
    Emmerdale was great. Missing Charity already.

Nothing happened in Eastenders really. It was dead boring. They only did it cause they cant show an episode next Friday.

EE was rubbish. It was just two of it's normal boring episodes just tagged back to back for the hell of it. A cheap shot in my opinion and I'm glad that Emmerdale came out on top.

No surprise there really, EE is just repetitive, whereas Emmerdale's episode was brilliant.

Well done Emmerdale!

i ain't watched either yet i recorded them both on sky+ but i heard that emmerdale was brilliant.
    ;) ;) soap_angel ;) ;)

ee does drag things out abit but think about corrie with the Charlie/Shelly storyline thats just never ending he's still on at her
    ;) ;) soap_angel ;) ;)

Quote Originally Posted by soap_angel
    ee does drag things out abit but think about corrie with the Charlie/Shelly storyline thats just never ending he's still on at her
    I think there is reasoning behind that though. They want to show the build up to Shelley behaving the way she does. Think back six months to how she used to be. I think it's protraying a very realistic account of domestic abuse.

With Shelly/Charlie they can just do it over a week this type of domestic abuse is happening to thousands of women and generally is generally not over with in a week, it takes months even years. At the moment Shelly doesn't have a clue what he is doing to her.

Thread out of date - Closing

Thread Information