Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Characters to die in Potter 7

Exclamation 2 Characters to die in Potter 7

Two characters will die in the final instalment of the Harry Potter series, author JK Rowling has revealed.

Speaking on Channel 4's Richard and Judy show, the 40-year-old writer would not be drawn on whether the boy wizard himself faces the chop.

But she said she understood why authors had killed off their main characters, saying that it stopped other people writing sequels to their books.

JK said that the seventh book was not finished, but she was "well into it".

She added: "I wrote the final chapter in something like 1990, so I've known exactly how the series is going to end.

"One character got a reprieve, but I have to say that two die that I didn't intend to die."

As for Harry, JK said: "I have never been tempted to kill him off before the final because I've always planned seven books and I want to finish on seven books.

"I'm not going to commit myself because I don't want the hate mail apart from anything else."

my sis told me about this earlier, i knew one character was definitely going to be killed, i dont know if it will be harry though
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

ye i heard it on gmtv this morning she was confirming that this was her last booka nd that 2 characters will definately die maybe even more and maybe one ofthem be harry otherwise they will be imporatnt characters? but i dont think she'll kill harry off after all he is the boy who lived
    Last edited by shannisrules; 27-06-2006 at 20:30.

Quote Originally Posted by di marco
    my sis told me about this earlier, i knew one character was definitely going to be killed, i dont know if it will be harry though
    That would be because of the prophecy, so one of them will have to be either Harry or Voldemort.

didnt she say one person has been saved from being killed off but she has killed two that she was going to keep

I think one of them maybe possibly hadrig or ron as she did hint it might be one of the main characters

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

ye im guessing it will either be ron or hermionie or one of them because in the last book so far harry said he's going to train/fight voldermort on his own from now on and hes not coming back to hogwarts so maybe ron and hermione go looking for him then get cauught in the middle of a fight or something?

well my sis thinks the 2 characters will be ron and hermione, but im not sure that it will be both of them, possibly one of them though
    ~x~Tizzy~x~

Quote Originally Posted by Kim131
    That would be because of the prophecy, so one of them will have to be either Harry or Voldemort.
    oh yeh i forgot about that lol! i just knew that it was definitely going to be one character being killed cos i remember jk rowling saying in an interview when book 6 was coming out. so if its got to be harry or voldemort, i think it will be harry that gets killed, cos it would be less obvious than harry defeating voldemort again
    ~x~Tizzy~x~

ooh sound exciting. I like the fact she has known how it is going to end. I reckon Harry will die, i don treally know why.

Thread Information