View Poll Results: What sexuality are you?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Straight

89 78.76%
  • Gay/Lesbian

6 5.31%
  • Bi

9 7.96%
  • Not sure

9 7.96%
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Your sexuality?

Thanks Davey

I must of been the only person who wasn't worried about coming out. I think because I knew what my parents and friends were like and their views to same sex relationships that I felt at ease. Not all friends were easy going some panicked thinking I would make a pass at them. Until I drummed it into their heads that I don't find ALL women attractive. I'm not a predator and don't make passes at ALL women! I have friends that have not been so lucky and have had to hide who they are. For religious reasons and through fear which breaks my hearts.

I am not one to go in for labels and when I meet people I don't introduce myself and then blurt out what I am. I hope when I meet someone that they meet and accept me - if their is a need for me to reveal my dating preference I do sometimes I don't. I hate to feel like I am forcing my views on someone else.
    Last edited by Hannelene; 21-06-2009 at 22:30.

Quote Originally Posted by ladypink View Post
    Not all friends were easy going some panicked thinking I would make a pass at them. Until I drummed it into their heads that I don't find ALL women attractive. I'm not a predator and don't make passes at ALL women! I have friends that have not been so lucky and have had to hide who they are. For religious reasons and through fear which breaks my hearts.
    It's interesting you say that. You wouldn't try it on with all your male mates if you were straight so why should it be different if you're gay?

Quote Originally Posted by ladypink View Post
    Thanks Davey

I must of been the only person who wasn't worried about coming out. I think because I knew what my parents and friends were like and their views to same sex relationships that I felt at ease. Not all friends were easy going some panicked thinking I would make a pass at them. Until I drummed it into their heads that I don't find ALL women attractive. I'm not a predator and don't make passes at ALL women! I have friends that have not been so lucky and have had to hide who they are. For religious reasons and through fear which breaks my hearts.

I am not one to go in for labels and when I meet people I don't introduce myself and then blurt out what I am. I hope when I meet someone that they meet and accept me - if their is a need for me to reveal my dating preference I do sometimes I don't. I hate to feel like I am forcing my views on someone else.
    It's good that you weren't afraid to come out. That's a reaction I find irritating "Oh I don't mind as long as you don't try it on with me or anything" - this is what one of my friends said as if I suddenly fancy them!

I am the same as you. I don't tell anyone my sexuality, unless it comes up in a conversation and they ask me then I will be honest. Aside from that, what's my business is my business. However, I told my friends and family as they deserved to know and I was comfortable sharing it on here.

One of my so called friends thought had such a HUGE ego that when I came out she asked me did I fancy her?. I said NO and she was like - why not?

I really felt the need to tell my family as I didn't want them to find out from someone else. I felt it was my place to sit down and tell them. I even made a joke of it and said it was their fault for sending me off to an all girl school!

well the time has come for me to come out to my family. i have found love and i am happy, and this is the last stage of coming out for me.

it is impossible to do it face to face, becuase of the way my family are. so it looks like its going to be a letter (cowardly i know), but im finding it hard to find the words to tell them

good luck hun, im sooo glad you,ve found someone great xxxxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Debs For This Useful Post:

Bryan (13-08-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Debs View Post
    good luck hun, im sooo glad you,ve found someone great xxxxx
    thanks, once ive sent that letter i will be so free, then ive got to wait for the call to hear what they have to say!

if its good then i will be on top of the world, out and proud with the best guy in the world with me forever

if its bad, i still have Nick, and we can face it together, and see what happens

i just pray they are fine with it, after all im their son and i still love them. my sexuality shouldnt come into question, but i know with my dad at least it will do!

good luck bryan i hope it goes well with your family
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to di marco For This Useful Post:

Bryan (13-08-2009)

good luck bry

Hope everything goes well xxxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna For This Useful Post:

Bryan (13-08-2009)

Good luck Bryan.

I don't think writing a letter is cowardly at all - it's how you best cope with it. I wrote a letter addressed to my mum but only because I find it easier to express my feelings through writing as everything just flows out of my mind, hence why I keep a diary from time to time as well.

The advantage of writing a letter to them is it gives your parents time to absorb what you have told them and come to terms with it, then it's up to them to take the next step and make contact when they are ready.

If you told them face to face, they would be forced to act on their feelings in the spur of the moment. At least a letter will give them time to think about what you've written down. They will be able to think before they act.

I really hope it goes well for you.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DaVeyWaVey For This Useful Post:

Bryan (13-08-2009)

Thread Information