Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill Ward (Charlie Stubbs) quits Corrie

For all you avid corrie fans out there.... we have good news.

Nasty builder Charlie Stubbs - the character we all love to hate - is going to be killed off at Christmas.

And it's not going to be just any old boring death, oh no.
    The evil so-and-so is to be murdered in a sensational Who Shot JR? Dallas-style plot.
    A source said: "A shooting storyline with multiple suspects is a sure-fire ratings winner for a soap.
    "The story is a safe bet to get viewers tuning in for the twists and turns.
    "Charlie's list of enemies rivals JR from Dallas. The plot will leave viewers hanging on, with the most unlikely characters under suspicion."
    The Street's handyman, played by actor Bill Ward, became one of soaps' most hated characters since making barmaid Shelley's life hell last year.
    And this week his evil streak shone through once again when he charmed her into sleeping with him.
    Nasty man. Roll on Christmas.
    Last edited by Chloe O'brien; 13-07-2006 at 13:14.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

This Who Shot Jr type story should be brilliant for Charlie's exit! He deserves to go out of Corrie in style....i can't wait for this to happen...and hopefully no papers will leak out who the culprit is, it would be nice if we didn't know until the episode airs where we find out who the culprit is!

It sure will be a great ratings winner, and will be a great rival for Eastenders over Christmas, what with Pauline leaving then as well.

Former Coronation Street star Bill Ward has admitted he is glad that his soap character has 'lived on'.

Ward's Charlie Stubbs was fatally struck with a metal sculpture by Tracy Barlow in 2007 after a domestic abuse storyline. Tracy then spent five years in prison until she was freed after a retrial.

Speaking about references that are still made to the villainous character in the soap, Ward told Metro: "I'm glad Charlie Stubbs has got some sort of notoriety. He was a very nasty piece of work.

"When Corrie mentioned there was going to be an abuse storyline, I wanted to get it as right as I could and I spoke to Women's Aid, who are the national domestic violence charity.

"Now I'm an ambassador for them, trying to raise their profile because one in four women will be in an abusive relationship."

Ward is currently starring in Spice Girls West End musical Viva Forever!, as a character based on Simon Cowell. He admitted that he tuned in to The X Factor for the first time in eight years in preparation for the role.

"I watched The X Factor for the first time for eight years doing research on this and I really enjoyed it. I was surprised.

"I don't think I'd watched it since it was Pop Idol. It's great drama, great entertainment and great television," he added.

"It was a guilty pleasure for me while I was researching this."

When I saw this thread had been revived I thought you were going to say that Charlie Stubbs is to make a spectacular comeback, entering the newly rebuilt Rover's Return, seeing Tracy and saying, "Hello Princess".

5. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (04-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    When I saw this thread had been revived I thought you were going to say that Charlie Stubbs is to make a spectacular comeback, entering the newly rebuilt Rover's Return, seeing Tracy and saying, "Hello Princess".
    I'd like him back from the dead

Thread Information