Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Ward (Charlie Stubbs) quits Corrie

Bill Ward (Charlie Stubbs) quits Corrie

ITV today confirmed that Bill Ward has decided to leave Coronation Street at the end of his current contract in 2007.

Bill, who plays bully boy builder Charlie Stubbs, told producers of his decision, despite only being a few months into his current contract, in order to give them time to develop an exit story for the character.

The show’s story team are now working on what promises to be one of the most explosive exit storylines in the show’s 46-year history. Viewers will see Charlie leave Weatherfield in January next year.

Of his choice to leave, Ward said: “It’s been a very difficult decision to make and one which I have been thinking about since the end of my last contract. I have had the most fantastic three-and-a-half years on the Street. Charlie has been the most fantastic character to play, and I’d really like to thank all the writers, storyliners and producers for giving him and me such great stories. I just felt that I’d done with Charlie everything I possibly could, and that it was probably time to move on.

“I have nothing but the highest admiration for the show and everyone connected with it and am sure it will continue to go from strength to strength. I’ll particularly miss all the cast and crew and would like to wish everyone all the very best for future.”

Coronation Street producer Steve Frost said: “Bill Ward is an asset to the show and we would have been developing further storylines for the character of Charlie Stubbs had he not decided to leave. He will be missed.”

An ITV spokesperson commented: “Contrary to press reports Bill’s decision to leave is not linked to the future of the character of Tracy Barlow. Actress Kate Ford is contracted to Coronation Street until March 2007.”
    Last edited by Emmak2005; 19-06-2006 at 15:48.
    The Connor family line up on the Corrie cobbles

Shame to sse him go as he is one of Corrie's good characters with potential. However his storylines are becoming a bit repetitive, having said that though Tracy and Charlie are a good match for one another.

At this rate there is going to be no one left. Wonder if this has anything to do with the "rumoured" pay cuts...

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

After he goes Corrie will lack something IMHO
    Last edited by ~#Disney#~; 25-06-2006 at 02:13.

well it wasn't as if he was the type of character you could imagine staying in the show for 10 years. i agree his storylines are a bit repetitive, hopefully we will find out a bit more about his past etc before he goes, hasn't he got an ex-wife somewhere?

Carnt say I like him very much, I found him to cocky and up himself.

I cant exactly say I like Charlie but he's a good character to have in the soap, adds some drama!

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo
    ... hopefully we will find out a bit more about his past etc before he goes, hasn't he got an ex-wife somewhere?
    be hysterical if his ex was somehow related to Tracy

I can't say that I like his character very much but he does add a bit of drama to the street. Shame to see him go though.
    Thanks to Abi for my fab avatar!

I will miss him, Bill Ward was hottest male on the street and that devilish smile of his.

Does he get killed? If you look the cover of this week's soaplife he says who kills Charlie.

I would prefer he left with the option to return.

according to the sun corries christmas storyline is a who shot JR style storyline.....orginal

Thread Information