Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Shannis Haters

What ever people’s feelings on the shannis storyline are no ones appearance should be attacked or resembled to something else in such a mannor. It’s simply not on.

Slag it off all you want, but draw a line.
    Last edited by Alisha; 17-06-2005 at 19:25.

They're back!! Kill me now...

Quote Originally Posted by Richie_lecturer
    I shall speak my mind, and express my loathing of this couple.
    You go...er...girl/boy?! Sorry i dont know if you are male or female. But you do have a right to speak your mind.

Why is it that when people want to slag off other actors/charaters in PERSONAL attacks its fine...but when it comes to shannis or the sainted tish or nigel who can do NO wrong, suddenly its outs of order!

They are back...bloody great *she says sarcastically*
    Last edited by Chantelle; 18-06-2005 at 00:50.

No it's generally. I don’t think its right to make reference to someone appearance in such a way. I would object to it with any character because being scornful towards people’s appearance is unnecessary whether that’s Shannis or any character. I've heard people call Jessie Wallace a ‘fat cow’ before and I didn't like it either and complained. What is the point? Is there any point? Surely we are not that shallow.

People are entitled to slag the storyline down all they want or even put down their acting but not go far that they use their appearance to mock them. It doesn't apply to just them but everyone. People who feel the need to go that far are acting childishly quite frankly and can’t build the grounds for a better argument.
    Last edited by Alisha; 18-06-2005 at 07:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha
    No it's generally. I don’t think its right to make reference to someone appearance in such a way. I would object to it with any character because being scornful towards people’s appearance is unnecessary whether that’s Shannis or any character. I've heard people call Jessie Wallace a ‘fat cow’ before and I didn't like it either and complained. What is the point? Is there any point? Surely we are not that shallow.

People are entitled to slag the storyline down all they want or even put down their acting but not go far that they use their appearance to mock them. It doesn't apply to just them but everyone. People who feel the need to go that far are acting childishly quite frankly and can’t build the grounds for a better argument.
    Of course its okay to describe Sharon as Miss piggy or Donatella. Sharon is the character Letitia Dean is the actor. I have not heard anyone call Letitia Donatella unless of course she wears all that orange slap in real life
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

reading people slag off sharon watts and letitia dean makes me feel ever so sad...

bondboffin

Sorry I dont share your enthusiasm for Ms Dean. I think she is very overated
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

she must be doing something right to have been kept in the show (on and off) since it's creation in 1985. she's too good a character to be killed off, and letitia is a very talented actress (IMHO) anyone ever thought that the puting may be part of sharon and not letitia?

bondboffin

Quote Originally Posted by alan45
    Of course its okay to describe Sharon as Miss piggy or Donatella. Sharon is the character Letitia Dean is the actor. I have not heard anyone call Letitia Donatella unless of course she wears all that orange slap in real life
    I find it unnecessary because whether you are describing the character or the actor, you are talking about the same face here. The tan thing doesn't make the blindest bit of difference to me. Physical appearance under no circumstances should not be mocked. Its the miss piggy comment that I feel was uncalled for because its assosiated to an animal and not portrayed as a attractive one. I've heard others object to this as well when people saying Sharon, not Letitia and the same comments about other characters, not actors too so its not just an individual thing.

I’ll leave it up to the mods to decide whether it’s acceptable or not. Anyway, I’ve got to go to work now. Chat to you all later.
    Last edited by Alisha; 18-06-2005 at 09:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha
    I find it unnecessary because whether you are describing the character or the actor, you are talking about the same face here. The tan thing doesn't make the blindest bit of difference to me. Physical appearance under no circumstances should not be mocked. Its the miss piggy comment that I feel was uncalled for because its assosiated to an animal and not portrayed as a attractive one. I've heard others object to this as well when people saying Sharon, not Letitia and the same comments about other characters, not actors too so its not just an individual thing.

I’ll leave it up to the mods to decide whether it’s acceptable or not. Anyway, I’ve got to go to work now. Chat to you all later.
    i agree its bang out of order, as u may know my mate posted a stupid message about sharon's "pigginess" on my account, i've been mad with him ever since.

it's petty to name call, regardless of your dislike for someone it, it isnt nice and it isnt clever... phycsil insults are not on IMHO, u can say about charcter's personialties, voice etc but for me i think insulting or making fun of the way someone looks is bang out of order

so shannis haters(or those that have insulted sharon/tish) >>>

bondboffin

Thread Information