Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: world Cup 06

Quote Originally Posted by xXxJessxXx
    I watched the final. I got a bit bored here and there but it was a good game. I couldnt decide who i wanted to win but after watchin the chat before the game i felt sorry for Zidane. It would be his last ever game before he retires and i thought for them to loose and be so close to winning the cup it would be a shame. But after Italy scored the excitment they shared was great. They seemed more happy to score than France were when they scored. It seemed Italy wanted it more than France did.

After i saw the headbut i knew i wanted italy to win and i didnt feel sorry for Zidane anymore. He hasnt done himself any favours and that is how he will be rememberd. It doesnt matter what they italian said he should never have acted the way he did. It cant be proven what was said either as obviously one of them would lie. But of course there's no denying what Zidane did as we all saw the reply. I couldnt believe the crowd begun to Boo the italians when they had the ball after that. Did they not see the reply in the stadium! There was no excusing this was a straight red.
    gota be honest, if what is getting said is true (that the italian called zidanes mom a wh**e, and his mom is dying in hosp) I would be pretty pissed as well.

heard the aboveon the five news,one of the reporters had spoken with the France footie team members - who would make that up anyway?
    Last edited by Em; 12-07-2006 at 22:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Ems
    gota be honest, if what is getting said is true (that the italian called zidanes mom a wh**e, and his mom is dying in hosp) I would be pretty pissed as well.

heard the aboveon the five news,one of the reporters had spoken with the France footie team members - who would make that up anyway?
    well i dont think it can be proved what was said, so i still dont think it was right for zidane to headbutt him
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Quote Originally Posted by di marco
    well i dont think it can be proved what was said, so i still dont think it was right for zidane to headbutt him
    Im not saying i think its right, just that in those (alleged) circumstances I can see how it would be easy to react angrily. I would.

We will necer know what was said, as the Italian is higly unlikely to come forward and admit it. However, we all know he said something to Zidane, so maybe he should take part of the blame regardless of what he said. he's there to play football not mess with another players head. You cant say things and not expect reprecussions!

However, we all know he said something to Zidane, so maybe he should take part of the blame regardless of what he said. he's there to play football not mess with another players head. You cant say things and not expect reprecussions!
    so in that case, would you say that ronaldo was partly to blame for rooney pushing him?
    ~x~Tizzy~x~

Quote Originally Posted by di marco
    so in that case, would you say that ronaldo was partly to blame for rooney pushing him?
    Im not sure, but I dont think Ronaldo said anything to Rooney direct - I thought he only complained to the Ref ?

But, if he did then technically yes he is also at fault - I dont believe Ronaldo shoudl have got involved period as it was nothing to do with him.

what I dont agree with is the way the english media are having a go at Ronaldo - whats happened has happened it shouldnt be dragged on for weeks!

Its seems that Zidane has come out of this fiasco relatively unscathed. There's different ways of getting revenge. I'm more like Zidane - I'd have ****ted the Italian as well. But my friend is of the opinion that he should have won the world cup and waved that in his face.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned about the Italian team is the amount of racism in the team. Some of the players are right wing nutters that believe Hitler had the right idea. Look at how many times FIFA have warned Italian clubs about racism.

Doesn't excuse what Zidane did though.

Good point about the racism of the Italians, I dont think many will disagree on that point.

While i do not condone what Zidane did (though in all fairness as I said previously if the alleged stories are to be believed I would probably have done the same thing if I was pissed off, knackered and had been running around a pitch for almost two hours) I think the antagonistic approach of the Italian player prompted what happend - in essence it started because of him. Had the Italian kept his mouth shut he wouldnt have been hit - and he may not have won the world cup either

Zidane has put up with a lot of racism directed towards him becuase of his background and even the French arent exactly the most tolerant lot when it comes to race but the Italians are a damn site worse. We dont know what was said, but anyone with half a brain can have a guess, and Zidane has publicly said the comment regarded his mother and sister. I actually think a damn site more of him for not coming out and saying the whole of what the Italian ACTUALLY said - Cause im sure if it got out that Italian woudl be in for a high amount of grief from everyone not from his country.

Im not sure, but I dont think Ronaldo said anything to Rooney direct - I thought he only complained to the Ref ?

But, if he did then technically yes he is also at fault - I dont believe Ronaldo shoudl have got involved period as it was nothing to do with him.

what I dont agree with is the way the english media are having a go at Ronaldo - whats happened has happened it shouldnt be dragged on for weeks!
    oh right ok, just wondering cos a lot of people have said that rooney was a useless thug (or things to that affect) but no one said anything really about zidane, and after you said that the other player was in the wrong too, i just wondered what your views were on the rooney/ronaldo thing, seeing if you thought the same
    ~x~Tizzy~x~

It can never be proven what was actually said. But from what ive heard no it isnt nice and yeah a lot of people would react in the way Zidane did. But if this is true of what the italian said then why couldnt Zidane let it blow over and wait till after the match at least! He's like 34 35 years old and is a grown adult and should no better than to go round attacking people no matter what they sad. He should learnt to rise above it and ignore stupid comments. Obviously it could have been an offensive comment but then again it could have just been a heated moment and perhaps Zidane was annoyed that there wasnt much longer left in the game, knowing it was his last match and they may not win the cup he just took it out on the nearest player. The italian obviously said something to him but this somethign could have been minor and looking back he may realsie how stupid he was and perhaps made up some other tale. It can never be proven!

Players must get in this situation all the time. Heated up by the way the game's going or by what someone says. But most people rise above it and show thier maturity. If what was said was true then im sure that family members would be so so so proud of him defending them and attackign another player, being sent off, in his last ever match, loosing out on the cup, not even being able to come out at the end for a medal and making an idiot of him self in the publiuc eye. Oh im sure they'd be so proud!
    ~*~ Thanks to Collé For Banner ~*~

I watched it in a bar in Barcelonas the left hand side consisted of Italiens and the other side French, The atmosphere completly made the game. I cant believe its finished for another 4 years. I think Italy did deserve it thouugh no one can take that away from them especially with the problems there having in serie A.

Thread Information