Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: world Cup 06

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbanana
    And your reason for saying he is a 'crap' captain is?!
    My reason is what does he do on the pitch. Nothing, he doesnt speak to anyone give out instructions. Hes only captain as Sven is to scared to change it. He can curl a free kick and even that hasnt been that good this season. When you watch Terry captain Chelsea or Dunne when he was captain of Ireland they were both instructing there players, even Micah Richards was a better captain and showed more leader ship skills than Becks when he was the Captain in the FA youth cup. distin has even been sent off when trying to get a referee to explain whet his teammate had done wrong. Its just my opinion but Beckham was shocking in this world cup not only should ha have been dropped as captain he should have been Dropped all together. Lennon is a far better player, sos Wright Phillips if he hadnt been left at home. They run up the wiong and make play like Joe cole on the Left, Like Damien duff or Trevor Sinclair.

Basically i dont reat Beckham. And i think hes overpaid muppet that needs to stop worrying about the way he looks.

Heres a great site! I HATE RONALDO

THANX TO VIXIE-LOU FOR THE GREAT BANNER!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbanana
    Did anyone see the Beckham press conference?! Bless him, he really was emotional. You help but feel for him and the rest of the team. Its a real shame he is stepping down as the England captain. I wonder who will replace him?!
    Yes i saw the press conference and did feel for him. It was the whole team's fault that England are out not just Beckham. I think Gerrard or Terry would be a good choice as both captain their clubs and are proven as captains.

Quote Originally Posted by cornetgal
    Its just my opinion but Beckham was shocking in this world cup not only should ha have been dropped as captain he should have been Dropped all together.
    I think he stepped down because he knows he will be dropped from the team sooner, rather than later.
    Last edited by Pinkbanana; 03-07-2006 at 17:52.

Iread the other day on SSN that Sven gets paid more than the four coaches who are the teams in the semi finals put together. Between the four of them the get 3.77 million a year and sven on his own was getting 4 million a year,. How shocking is that.

Quote Originally Posted by cornetgal
    Iread the other day on SSN that Sven gets paid more than the four coaches who are the teams in the semi finals put together. Between the four of them the get 3.77 million a year and sven on his own was getting 4 million a year,. How shocking is that.
    that is shocking, although im sure i read somewhere that sven gets way more than that
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

there was a great headlione in a pa\per the other day ther was a big picture of Sven waving, and the headline was

"I'M OFF...Thanks for the 24 Million.

i totally agree with you about beckham, Cornetgal, but because he is the blue eyed boy he was never going to be dropped. sven said if beckham had played bad he would have not played him but i dont believe sven he would have never dropped him from the team.
    Last edited by pookie1968uk; 04-07-2006 at 19:42.
    POOKIE

It is not just Beckham and Sven fault the whole team are to blame they played bad. Lampard and Gerrard score penalites for their clubs where they are getting the big bucks everyweek but cannot for their country. Ronaldo played well for his country and now they are in the semi finals. Rooney played bad and got himself sent off. England need to get over it and move on they lost they are out.

Great match last night between Germany and Italy. I'm glad Italy wins i hope it is Portugal and Italy in the final.

Last nights Italy v Germany match was fantastic. One of the best of this World Cup. How could England ever imagine being anywhere near as good as these two teams. The match was worthy of a Final
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Thread Information