Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: world Cup 06

On the basis of yesterdays poor performance I dont think Sven and the |boys should be makinany hotel reservations fot the quarter finals
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    No-one shoot me down in flames here, but I thought yesterdays performance was diabolical....

If it hadn't been for the own goal, it would have been a goal-less draw. The players didn't really seem very enthusiastic about it at all, yet during half time the commentary team were talking about a fantastic performance in the previous half! Ermm, i couldn't really see anything fantastic about it. OK, so the ref seemed to be over enthusiastic about his yellow carding and there were 2 Paraguay players that seemed to love eating the grass, but if I were one of the players or coaches, I wouldn't have been overly proud with that performance. We'll be lucky to go much further than the first round. The Trinidad and Tobago match may bring a host of surprises. Lets hope they aren't for England eh.

Quote Originally Posted by jojomum
    No-one shoot me down in flames here, but I thought yesterdays performance was diabolical....

If it hadn't been for the own goal, it would have been a goal-less draw. The players didn't really seem very enthusiastic about it at all, yet during half time the commentary team were talking about a fantastic performance in the previous half! Ermm, i couldn't really see anything fantastic about it. OK, so the ref seemed to be over enthusiastic about his yellow carding and there were 2 Paraguay players that seemed to love eating the grass, but if I were one of the players or coaches, I wouldn't have been overly proud with that performance. We'll be lucky to go much further than the first round. The Trinidad and Tobago match may bring a host of surprises. Lets hope they aren't for England eh.
    i agree totally with this. england start uppin your game, im very glad i didnt waste the money on watching that match in germany, id be asking for it back!
    im back everyone!!!!!!

I mean i missed the first half of the game 'couz i was working, but i watched the second half which was pretty crap to be honest, And what the hell was Sven thinking taking owen off and putting a defender on, leaving poor Crouch on his own, I mean he had no one to pass to, if Sven had kept owen on they i think the score would of maybe been maybe 3/2-0. What does he think he is doing playing the 5-4-1 formation what a pleb.?!
    I personally don't like sven and to be honest i don't particularly think he is a brilliant manager. So lets just hope our lads play better next game.

Sven was playing more of a 3 - 6 formation as from where I was watching there was no forwards in sight, and he must have been having a flipping laugh when he bought on Owen "the canadian born German" Hargreaves on the pitch. In my opinion Trinidad and Tobago played better as a team, i dont get why the England players dont play how the do in the EPL, Gerrard is cracking for Liverpool but yesterday he was not in the game at all, the same applys to Lampard i hardly ever saw him.

However some of the other games i have seen have been really good. Holland played well today even though it was only 1 0. But after the Argentines performance last night i wouldnt be surprised if they won it.

i saw the first 20mins about of the argentina/ivory coast game yesterday and then a bit of the second half as well, i thought the ivory coast played really well for the bits i saw, especially as they were playing against a big team like argentina, but i got a bit bored through some of it to be honest, when they were just walking around with the ball like they had all the time in the world! the first goal from argentina which wasnt counted, thats a bit unfair in a way, but i have to admit i did laugh when it happened lol!

didnt see any of the sweden/trinidad and tobago game but my dad said that trinidad and tobago played well so im looking forward to seeing how well england as well as trinidad and tobago play on thursday

i saw some of the holland/serbia game, i liked watching holland, i thought they were great, annoyingly though their goal happened as i was in the loo lol!

also saw some of the iran/mexico game but didnt really see much as i had a headache so decided to stop watching, the bit i saw though, i thought iran played better than i expected them to
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Its been really good so far, i have dipped in aout to loads of them. Usually the opening matches dont live up to expectaition.

Felt really sorry for borgetti, i hope his World cup isnt over.

Leicestershire in the middle of the United Kingdom
    The england match could have been so much better but they won on a fluke and pure luck the second half was ok Paraguay to me seemed twice as good as england in the last 45 mins

As for Trindad and Tobaga I'm sooooo looking forward to this match I think England will need to work hard they are a good side who played well the other day
    Thanks Jessie Wallace For My Fab Banner

The socceroos showed the japanese what a comeback was, 1 - 0 down to win 3 1 after scoring 3 goals in 8 minutes. It was a great game, kept me hooked from start to finish. However the aussies did get a little desperate and even reverted to plan B, being Kick anything that moves. Also we saw Mr Kewell sporting anew short haircut having cut off that ridiculous bun.

id have liked to have seen that game, seeing as they scored 3 goals in such a short space of time near the end. watched some of the czech republic/usa game, im liking the czech republic
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Thread Information