Thread: Soap’s surrogacy drama

Soap’s surrogacy drama

Emmerdale is about to see its first surrogate mum drama when village foghorn Viv Hope asks daughter Donna to have a child for her. The story unfolds after fiftysomething Viv, who is trying for a baby with her husband Bob, believes she’s pregnant. But when doctors say she is not having a child she hits on her craziest idea yet.

A mole told the Daily Star: “It's typical Viv. Her obsession to have a child is just enormous, and she puts everything on Donna to help her. Donna is a good daughter and she will seriously consider it.Viv may be frightful but Donna loves her, just as she loves her stepfather Bob.”

But Donna's new husband Marlon takes a dim view of the idea - and frankly, who can blame him? “Marlon's view is that Donna should be having his kids, not acting as a surrogate for her mum,” the insider revealed. “He would like a family of his own, and thinks Viv should be content to be a gran, rather than a really old mother.”

I read about this in soaplife. It says she's going through the menopause. I'll post the full story later.

this is so so viv!

Of course it just wouldnt happen - as if Viv is in the menopause - she no longer has any eggs to fertilise or eggs of very poor quality - and the more likely senirio would be Viv asking Donna for some eggs for Viv to carry the baby herself

lets hope the Emmerdale bosses keep this one real!!

oh god this storyline is terrible - why would donna even go for this idea??? viv isnt exactly the best mum in the world!!! I think RG's suggestion is far more reality

Thread Information