Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sport Relief Mile

it was alright, a bit hot, and i was in A, so i wonder what it was like later! i swear it was longer than a mile but oh well!

I did do it but i just want to say well done to everyone who did.

I have to pay a pound and do it at school. Not looking forward to it, it will take forever and make me look like a laughing stock because I have cerebal palsy.

My daughter had to pay a pound and do it at school parents were allowed to do it too so i payed a pound and did it with her..

I refused to do the mile and my parents were supportive of that.

well done to the people who done it! what is cerebal palsy?
    On my own I faced a gang of jeering in strange streets
    When my nerves were pumping and I
    Fought my fear in, I did not run
    I was not done

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalinetrio
    well done to the people who done it! what is cerebal palsy?
    Cerebral palsy is a combination of chronic conditions affecting muscle coordination and body movement and is caused by damage to certain areas of the brain usually occurring in the early stages of life or during development of the fetus. Therefore, it is an aftereffect of damage to motor areas in the brain controlling movement or posture rather than damage to individual muscles.

Cerebral palsy is a non-progressive condition; however, certain other side effects such as muscle spasticity can develop at later stages and can get progressively worse or improve depending on the specifics of person's condition. Cerebral palsy is not a disease and therefore can not be communicated from one person to another.

Some of the following effects of cerebral palsy can occur depending on the particular area of the brain that has been affected:
    • involuntary movement
      speech impairment
      seizures
      mental retardation
      bladder and bowel control
      muscle spasticity
      difficulties in feeding or swallowing
      learning disabilities
      impairment of sight or hearing
      abnormal sensation and perception
    Last edited by Jojo; 18-07-2006 at 16:52.

Quote Originally Posted by jojomum
    Cerebral palsy is a combination of chronic conditions affecting muscle coordination and body movement and is caused by damage to certain areas of the brain usually occurring in the early stages of life or during development of the fetus. Therefore, it is an aftereffect of damage to motor areas in the brain controlling movement or posture rather than damage to individual muscles.

Cerebral palsy is a non-progressive condition; however, certain other side effects such as muscle spasticity can develop at later stages and can get progressively worse or improve depending on the specifics of person's condition. Cerebral palsy is not a disease and therefore can not be communicated from one person to another.

Some of the following effects of cerebral palsy can occur depending on the particular area of the brain that has been affected:
    • involuntary movement
      speech impairment
      seizures
      mental retardation
      bladder and bowel control
      muscle spasticity
      difficulties in feeding or swallowing
      learning disabilities
      impairment of sight or hearing
      abnormal sensation and perception
    A boy at college had it and me and my mate became mates with him and he told me once that he used to be able to walk fine with it but he had some kind of operation and suddenly he lost the use of his legs and is now stuck in a wheel chair with mindless people taking the mick, before the operation no one ever knew he had anything wrong with him but now all he gets is stick

Sig dedicated to Charley

Quote Originally Posted by Vixie-Lou
    A boy at college had it and me and my mate became mates with him and he told me once that he used to be able to walk fine with it but he had some kind of operation and suddenly he lost the use of his legs and is now stuck in a wheel chair with mindless people taking the mick, before the operation no one ever knew he had anything wrong with him but now all he gets is stick
    He must get the stick real bad, I get enough of it and the only difficulties I've got because of it are in swallowing and muscle spasticity.

aww why would anyone give someone stick over that?? thats disgusting he cant help it if they got cerebal palsy im so annoyed that people would actually poke fun at someone like that....its understandable if a little kid does it the dont know any better but teenagers/adults shouldnt take the mick at all

Thread Information