Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Earliest Memory of Corrie?

Yes Jim did end up in a wheelchair and this lead to the break up of him and Liz as she ran off with his Phsyo.

If I remember correctly he was working on a building site (with Steve???) and the scaffolding he was up was dodgy. A good storyline and I believe that Steve was responsible for Jim's accident. Later on he made a full recovery.

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

I've been doing a bit of memory "Jogging" via the net today I came across some old episode summaries, thought I would post a couple here:

Tuesday (2175, Wednesday 3 February 1982)
    There are more shocking revelations about Fred's behaviour at the Brewery 'do'. Betty decides to loan Alec the cash to collect his mobile home. There's punishment afoot when Stan fails to buy Hilda a birthday present.
    Betty tells Alf and Deirdre in the corner shop that Alec Hobson is staying with her. They warn her to be wary, Alec may be taking advantage of her kindness. Alec is doing a repair job for Gail. He tries to flirt with Gail but she gives him the brush-off. When Alec asks if she has heard from Brian yet, she admits that she hasn't.
    Later, Betty offers to loan Alec the £40 he needs to pay the garage and get his van back. After seeming to hesitate, he takes the money. It's Hilda's birthday, but nobody remembers apart from Annie Walker, who gives her a card. Hilda gives Stan £3 to go out and buy her a present - she doesn't want anyone knowing he had forgotten her birthday.
    Car salesman Mr Dixon arrives at the Rovers to take Fred for a test drive in a new Rover. Fred is embarassed, as he had made the appointment when he was drunk at the Newton & Ridley function, claiming to be the Rovers Return landlord. Fred hopes he won't be missed, but just as he leaves, Annie arrives home and sees him drive off. When he returns, he thinks he is going to be in serious trouble with Annie, but she is amused rather than annoyed at his pretence. She insists Fred ring the salesman and admit he is not a genuine buyer.
    Gail gets the feeling that Ivy doesn't trust her - she is constantly dropping in uninvited. At the Rovers, Hilda proudly displays the box of chocolates Stan has bought with her money. Stan even offers to buy her a birthday drink - with the change left over from the chocolates! Alf is furious when his best suit is returned to him filthy, after Fred had worn it to the Newton & Ridley function. He insists Fred pay to have it dry cleaned. Annie then berates Fred for causing so much trouble with his drunken behaviour.
    Alec feels it is time to move on, but Betty tells him he is welcome to stay on with her. Deirdre drops in to visit Gail. Over a drink, they chat about babies. Deirdre admits she would like to have another child, but doesn't think Ken is keen.

Wednesday (2176, Monday 8 February 1982)
    Deirdre tells Ken she'd like another baby, but Ken refuses to discuss the matter. Meanwhile, Stan is paying the penanlty for forgetting Hilda's birthday.
    It's Elsie's day off, and Bet drops in for a cuppa. Bet suggests the two of them have a girls' night out that evening, and Elsie agrees. Stan complains when Hilda serves him pilchards for dinner - she is trying to save money as he is bringing in so little. Emily visits Deirdre, and they talk about families. Deirdre admits she is feeling broody, but Ken seems non-committal about the idea of a new baby. Emily encourages her to talk openly to Ken about it.
    Fred returns Alf's suit to him after having it dry cleaned. Fred is hoping Alf will pay for the cleaning. but Alf refuses. Elsie is getting ready for her night out with Bet when Wilf arrives unexpectedly. At first Wilf gets a cool reception, but manages to sweet-talk Elsie into cancelling her night out with Bet so that he can take her out for a meal.
    Phyllis Lomax arrives at the Rovers looking for Fred. He had met her at the Newton & Ridley do, and told her to drop in anytime and see him. Fred had told her he was the Rovers landlord, and she presumes Bet and Betty are his staff. Elsie arrives with Wilf and asks Bet if she can cancel their arrangement. Bet is not thrilled, but agrees. Deirdre tells Ken she would like to have a baby. They start to discuss it but are interrupted by Albert. Stan is still hungry after his tea, and Hilda weakens and gives him some money for fish and chips.
    Wilf takes Elsie to a restaurant, and they are soon back on good terms again. Back at the Rovers, Phyllis Lomax tells Bet that Fred had offered her a job as head waitress at his "restaurant".
    Ken and Deirdre finally get to talk, and Ken doesn't appear keen on having a baby. He says they have enough children between them, but Deirdre wants a child that would belong to both of them. She is taken aback when Ken eventually states that he definitely doesn't want another child - now or in the future.

Now there's a character I had forgotten about dear Phylis Pearce who Later established a very nice friendship with Des Barnes and was also his house keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Babe14
    Yes Jim did end up in a wheelchair and this lead to the break up of him and Liz as she ran off with his Phsyo.

If I remember correctly he was working on a building site (with Steve???) and the scaffolding he was up was dodgy. A good storyline and I believe that Steve was responsible for Jim's accident. Later on he made a full recovery.
    was this before he beat up that jez? yeah thats it jez im sure it was...over drugs or something and steves asian friend drive his car into a river once aswell?

well ive kinda got mine but its really awkward cos i cant think of the names who were in that scene, i only know their faces and now im so confused thinking about it.

Information on Jez Quigley/Steve Macdonald Feud

Jez was Tony Horrocks's murderer. Steve McDonald testified against him in the Horrocks murder trial - but he only ended up as Jez's next target.

Steve Macdonald borrowed money from criminal Jez Quigley and was badly beaten by Quigley's thugs as a result of not paying it back on time.

Jim found his son battered and bruised, and sent him to hospital. In revenge on Quigley, Jim attacked him - unfortunately, Jez punctured his own spleen and lung with a busted rib in hospital on 15 September 2000, meaning Jim had killed Jez. Jim escaped from prison in 2003, and attempted to escape to Ireland - fruitlessly, however.
    Last edited by Babe14; 03-07-2006 at 09:37.

Information on Jez Quigley/Steve Macdonald Feud

Jez was Tony Horrocks's murderer. Steve McDonald testified against him in the Horrocks murder trial - but he only ended up as Jez's next target.

Steve Macdonald borrowed money from criminal Jez Quigley and was badly beaten by Quigley's thugs as a result of not paying it back on time.

Jim found his son battered and bruised, and sent him to hospital. In revenge on Quigley, Jim attacked him - unfortunately, Jez punctured his own spleen and lung with a busted rib in hospital on 15 September 2000, meaning Jim had killed Jez. Jim escaped from prison in 2003, and attempted to escape to Ireland - fruitlessly, however.
    yes its all coming back to me now...kinda

I remember when Stan Ogden died and Hilda at her table in the lounge looking at Stan's glasses on the table and eventually folding them up and putting them away.
    I remember this scene too - one of the most moving ever on the telly! My earliest memory is Maggie Clegg in the corner shop, cause I thought it was cool that she worked in a corner shop! We are talking the sixties here, but I was only very little

Quote Originally Posted by FROGGY
    I remember this scene too - one of the most moving ever on the telly! My earliest memory is Maggie Clegg in the corner shop, cause I thought it was cool that she worked in a corner shop! We are talking the sixties here, but I was only very little
    I don't really have any memories from the 60's as I too was very little then. However I have watched a few of the earlier episodes when they were being re-run a few years back.

I remember Ena Sharples, Minnie Cauldwell but in the later episodes when Corrie had gone into colour. I suppose most of my memories would be form the mid-late seventies onwards, but very vague, mainly character memories rather than storylines.

It's quite hard to pick out a memory of it, I've just been to my nans and being looking through the special corrie book they brought out for the 40th aniversery (sp) and some of the pictures you remember but you can't remember what happened lol.

Thread Information