Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Earliest Memory of Corrie?

I remember some guy with blue glasses who was with veria on a ferry they were all regular characters I swear i can remember someone with blue hair in corrie as well I nevr watched it before 2000 so these memories are very blurry

I can also remember steven mcdonald going out with ....i dont know the ladys name (but the actor angela griffiths? who was in waterloo road) and they was in a airport car park coming back from disneyworld because she was wearing a hat with goofy on

im one of the few who never watched corrie growing up these 'memories' where when i flicked through the channels

Quote Originally Posted by diamond1
    I can also remember steven mcdonald going out with ....i dont know the ladys name (but the actor angela griffiths? who was in waterloo road)
    Fiona Middleton. The hairdresser.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Just found this on DS.. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gxBo2nSbWg[/ame]

Judging by that scene, it actually looks more exciting then than it is right now.
    Last edited by Chris_2k11; 29-06-2006 at 16:33.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Well I think if you saw the whole episode, or any other episode of Corrie in the 60s, 70s and even the 80s, you might not like it. There are few characters (though that's a good thing in my book), next to no youngsters, and mostly middle-aged to old characters like Ena in that clip. The scenes were longer as well. I remember for many years, the scenes would sometimes last for 7-8 minutes at a time (so you only had 4-5 scenes in the entire episode). Nowadays people's attention spans are apparently shorter so most scenes only go on for 2 mins max. The storylines are also more dramatic since the late 90s in Corrie as well. That link Chris shows Ena moaning about shop prices. Those sort of things would often be all that would happen in an everyday episode of Corrie most of the time until the early 90s.

I do miss that era of Corrie though.

Quote Originally Posted by Babe14
    That was a very tense and emotional storyline and a very deserving ending for Alan Bradley (being run down by a tram) Kept me on the edge of my seat all the way through. Also this was when Jenny Bradley came into the street another good character.
    It was not only a great storyline, but a much needed one as well. Corrie had got a bit flat in the immediate years prior to that. First of all, lots of the cast from the early days left (Ena, Elsie, Annie, Stan, Uncle Albert, Eddie, Fred Gee etc), then EE came on the scene, then Saint Hilda left and the show was looking a bit tired. The Alan Bradley storyline though was brilliant and just the thing the show needed to move it into the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Babe14
    Remember Annie Walker - Landlady from hell, but brilliant. I particularly loved the relationship which eventually formed between her and Bet.
    Annie Walker was the best Rovers manager there ever was, and ever will be. Wonderful. I didn't enjoy Bet as landlady though, especially towards the end of her original stint in Corrie, when she went into an OTT drama queen. I did enjoy Alec Gilroy though.

We had Alf and Renee Roberts who ran the corner shop where Deirdre also worked. Sadly Renee was killed in the "Rovers crash"
    Good old Alf. Renee was killed off because she was unpopular with the viewers. She wasn't killed in the "Rovers crash" though, that was a couple of years before Renee was killed. Renee was killed in a car crash whilst learning to drive.

One of my best memories has to be the Ken/Mike/Deirdre Feud/Affair. Mike and Ken absolutely hated one another.
    A memorable and wonderful storyline. I enjoyed their spats in the 80s and the 90s, where they tried to out-punch one another!

I remember when Stan Ogden died and Hilda at her table in the lounge looking at Stan's glasses on the table and eventually folding them up and putting them away.
    That was so sad, still brings a tear to my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie_lecturer
    Good old Alf. Renee was killed off because she was unpopular with the viewers. She wasn't killed in the "Rovers crash" though, that was a couple of years before Renee was killed. Renee was killed in a car crash whilst learning to drive.
    Thanks again Richie (Memory isn't what it used to be and I did say someof them were faint!! ) Just how do you manage to remember so well?

A memorable and wonderful storyline. I enjoyed their spats in the 80s and the 90s, where they tried to out-punch one another!
    That was so funny and most of it as I remember was in the Rovers. That's what I liked about the recent Mike storyline, he died in his "old" enemy's arms (so to speak) and I just loved the way he told Ken that he loved Deirdre and she was going to leave him, with that famous smile of his on his face and then we all know what happened next
    Last edited by Babe14; 30-06-2006 at 08:40.

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

Quote Originally Posted by Richie_lecturer
    Uncle Albert,
    What a character he was, so grumpy but you just loved him all the same, I canjust see him now sat in his chair with his paper or in the snug with Ena and Minnie having a good old moan..ahhh those were the days

Another sad storyline when Uncle Albert died..

Quote Originally Posted by Birks_2k4
    Fiona Middleton. The hairdresser.
    Who later had an affair with Jim MacDonald only to go off with someone else (hope I have that right) If I remember correctly Jim became a bit obssessed and went balistic when she ended their "affair" It was a cracker of a storyline.

haha i know jim mcdonald lol oh dear she had an affair with him...isnt he steves dad?ha lol I saw a while back when liz went into prison to break up with him...wasnt he in a wheel chair once aswell

(scottishaccent) "see you jimmy" lmao

Thread Information