Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Earliest Memory of Corrie?

Question Earliest Memory of Corrie?

What's your earliest memory of Corrie?? I think the furthest moment I can remember back to was when Bet Lynch with the mad hairdo, left her bunch of keys on the bar of an empty Rovers and left the street (I think without telling anyone if I remember rightly cos she was upset about something?) I'm not sure what year that was, but that's about my earliest memory of the show! Anything before that's really faint! I know that may not seem very long ago considering it's been on 40 odd years but i'm only 17 remember!! lol
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Well I am older than most on here here. I can remember corrie in black and white also I remember the first episode, with florrie lindley serving,Ena Sharples in the corner shop.

I've watched it for years I'm 16 now. But the first memory I can remember is when Alison went under the lorry or was it a car?

it was a lorry, and quite scary!

my first memory is gail and martin's wedding! can't remember what year that was, anyone know? i'm 22 and i think i may have been watching corrie for a scarily long amount of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Birks_2k4
    What's your earliest memory of Corrie?? I think the furthest moment I can remember back to was when Bet Lynch with the mad hairdo, left her bunch of keys on the bar of an empty Rovers and left the street (I think without telling anyone if I remember rightly cos she was upset about something?) I'm not sure what year that was, but that's about my earliest memory of the show!
    I can tell you Chris that you were 6 and a half at the time. You are referring to Bet Lynch leaving Corrie after 25 years, when the brewery wanted to sell the Rovers. She didn't have the money for it and all the people she thought she could trust in the Street, failed to come up with the cash. Therefore a devastated Bet trundled off to Spain, with the tail between her legs.

My first memory is when Sarah Lou found out she was pregnant with Bethany.

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo
    my first memory is gail and martin's wedding! can't remember what year that was, anyone know? i'm 22 and i think i may have been watching corrie for a scarily long amount of time...
    You would have been about 7 or 8 at the time. They married in late 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim131
    My first memory is when Sarah Lou found out she was pregnant with Bethany.
    Beginning of 2000 for you then.

Quote Originally Posted by hazey
    Well I am older than most on here here. I can remember corrie in black and white also I remember the first episode, with florrie lindley serving,Ena Sharples in the corner shop.
    Blimey you're well older than me, and I thought I was ancient.

My first memories were back in 1981/2. It was a joy to watch the soap back then. I remember great characters like Eddie Yeats, Albert Tatlock, Elsie Tanner, Annie Walker, Iva/Ivy/Vera in the factory, Len Fairclough, and not forgetting the fantastic Stan and Hilda. Hilda must be the greatest soap character, ever.

My first memory was a scene between Ken and 'Uncle Albert' in Ken's house. I think they were talking about matchboxes IIRC.

Thread Information