Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Abi Branning (Lorna Fitzgerald)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Unless of course they are trying for a baby ... like Peter and Toyah on Coronation Street
    Oh yes, quite right, Perdy. Couples who try for babies never get one. The best way to ensure having a baby is a one night stand with someone you don't actually like.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (03-09-2017), lizann (03-09-2017), Perdita (04-09-2017)

The Branning sisters are set to depart after 11 years in Walford.

Lauren and Abi Branning are being written out of EastEnders in a major cast shake up.

Sources from the BBC One soap have confirmed the sisters – played by Jacqueline Jossa and Lorna Fitzgerald – will leave Walford, with their exits likely to be part of this year's Christmas storylines.

A show spokesman told Digital Spy: "We can confirm that Jacqueline and Lorna will be leaving EastEnders.

"They have both been wonderful to work with and we wish them all the best for the future."

Lorna joined EastEnders 11 years ago, while Jacqueline joined seven years ago when she replaced Madeline Duggan as Lauren Branning.

Their exit storyline is sure to bring lots of drama to the Branning family too, as not only is their father Max currently embroiled in an elaborate revenge plot that Jane Beale has recently found out about, but Abi is currently pregnant with Lauren's fiancé's Steven Beale's baby.

And then, of course, there's the fact that Steven himself was revealed to be the unfortunate victim of EastEnders' big gas explosion week on Friday (September 8), succumbing to injuries just after telling Abi he loved her and wanted to be a better person for her and the baby.

Steven's death will see Lauren turn to alcohol as she struggles with her guilt in next week's episodes – believing he rushed into the burning building to save her – while wrestling with her conscience over never really loving him.

Although pregnant Abi is desperate to keep her big secret, she struggles to hide her hatred of Lauren – and eventually lets her true colours show by angrily accusing her of never loving Steven.

Is a new war brewing between the siblings? And could it be what leads to the pair's departure?

It's not known yet how the duo's exit will play out on screen, but here's hoping their fate is better than that of the Mitchell sisters Ronnie and Roxy, who drowned in a horrific accident in the New Year's episode.
    Last edited by kaz21; 10-09-2017 at 11:17.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (10-09-2017), Rear window (10-09-2017), tammyy2j (11-09-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by kaz21 View Post

Steven's death will see Lauren turn to alcohol as she struggles with her guilt in next week's episodes – believing he rushed into the burning building to save her – while wrestling with her conscience over never really loving him.

Hmm, so this must mean Jane's not squealed - either because she's not able to, or is protecting Max?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rear window For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (10-09-2017)

new producer does not like real sisters

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (10-09-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Rear window View Post
    Hmm, so this must mean Jane's not squealed - either because she's not able to, or is protecting Max?
    Possibly protecting Lauren. Thinking she's gone through enough, losing stephen. Even tho we know the truth about Laurens real feelings.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Rear window (10-09-2017)

Perhaps she loses her memory...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (10-09-2017), Rear window (10-09-2017), tammyy2j (11-09-2017)

I am thinking Max is also exiting

I will miss Abi, Lorna plays her so well

I don't care about Lauren

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Rear window (12-09-2017)

Lorna Fitzgerald has spoken out about her upcoming exit as Abi Branning, for the first time since the news was announced.

Lorna is being written out of the show alongside Jacqueline Jossa – who plays her on-screen sister Lauren. Joining them in departing is Ben Mitchell actor Harry Reid, while Laurie Brett's final scenes as Jane aired last night.

Further details about the Branning sister's exit storyline are being kept under wraps for the time being, but Lorna has insisted that she's looking forward to seeing what the future holds.

Speaking about her departure, she said: "I've been here since I was 10 so I am just going along with it, really. I've been here for a fantastic 11 years, so I'm just looking forward to seeing what the future holds.

"I'd like to do a bit of theatre – something completely different. I know it sounds really crazy but The Exorcist is showing in the West End for Halloween. Imagine playing that?

"It would just be so weird and completely different. No-one could compare it to Abi – well, I hope not! Perhaps I should be playing Mary Poppins instead..."

But fans still have plenty more of Abi to look forward to before she leaves, with Lorna promising high drama for the Brannings over the festive season.

"It will be good and it will be explosive. It could top the DVD one, why not?"

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (25-10-2017), Rear window (24-10-2017), Ruffed_lemur (24-10-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post

"It will be good and it will be explosive. It could top the DVD one, why not?"

Is it too early to yawn yet?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Rear window For This Useful Post:

parkerman (24-10-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Rear window View Post
    Is it too early to yawn yet?
    But will it rock the Square? Obviously no-one's life is going to be the same again.

If I was the Brannings I think I'd give up celebrating Christmas and just hide under the duvet for 12 days.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (24-10-2017), lizann (25-10-2017), Rear window (24-10-2017), tammyy2j (24-10-2017)

Thread Information