Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Abi Branning (Lorna Fitzgerald)

'EastEnders' star Lorna Fitzgerald says Abi Branning is too ''innocent'' to kill Lucy Beale.

The 18-year-old actress admits she's shocked that so many fans suspect her character of killing the young businesswoman because she's so harmless.

Lorna told SoapSquawk.co.uk: ''I think it's quite funny because she's so innocent. I didn't expect everyone to think it was her, but everyone thinks it is Abi!

''In the street, people keep saying to me, 'I know you killed her.' ''

Abi's father Max Branning (Jake Wood) had an illicit romance with Lucy in the weeks before her tragic murder in April, while her sister Lauren (Jacqueline Jossa) was the blonde beauty's business partner.

Earlier this week, viewers saw Max admit he had a heated argument with Lucy before her death, which resulted in her hitting her head and bleeding inside Max's car dealership. Concerned Abi then volunteered to help Max clean the office to get rid of any incriminating evidence.

Lorna admits she would be happy to be revealed as Lucy's killer - who will be exposed in February to tie in with the soap's 30th anniversary - because it would present an acting challenge.

She said: ''I'd be excited about the challenge as an actress. But it would change her character completely.''

Last edited by tammyy2j; 13-06-2014 at 01:47.

abi's dark side is to be explored more, she attacks lauren and lola, so no bolton for her

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (04-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    abi's dark side is to be explored more, she attacks lauren and lola, so no bolton for her
    I'm looking forward to Abi turning nasty. I don't blame her after the uncaring and downright nasty way Jay's treated her this week. She's been through a lot of trauma in her young life.

EastEnders aired another shock moment in the show's Halloween episode, as Abi Branning was caught out after a secret attempt to scare her own sister Lauren.

When Lauren (Jacqueline Jossa) spotted that a creepy figure in a Halloween costume was following her, she chased the individual down and was stunned to unmask Abi as the culprit.

Lauren had already been followed by DC Cameron Bryant (Glen Wallace) in recent weeks, leaving her spooked and providing Abi with an opportunity to make things worse.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Lorna Fitzgerald, who plays Abi, for an exclusive insight into her character's actions.

What was your reaction when you found out this story was coming up?
    "It was quite funny at first, because obviously me and Jacqueline both knew that it was going to be me in the costume and we both thought that I'm not very scary! But once we watched those scenes back, it did actually look quite scary because Abi was wearing her mask and was dressed all in black, so it was hard to tell who it was.

"I think it looked quite good on screen and I also think it's great that it was Abi - I don't think many people will have expected that!"

What were Abi's reasons for following Lauren?
    "Abi is annoyed with Lauren, because she insulted her about Ben before this. She's quite embarrassed about that and she's also just annoyed at Lauren always getting so much attention. That's the thing, really - she just wanted to scare Lauren.

"I don't think there was any malice in it, but Abi has just reached the end of her tether now that Jay has dumped her. She just wants somebody to notice her, really!"

How do you think the EastEnders fans are going to react?
    "I think it's going to be like the reaction I had when Abi killed Tramp - people saying, 'Oh, you killed Lucy!' I was reading the script thinking, 'I wonder who's going to be following Lauren?' and then I was shocked when I got to the part where it turned out to be me!"

Lauren's stalker in EastEnders
    © BBC
    Abi tried to scare Lauren

We'll see things get a little bit aggressive, as Abi attacks Lauren in the aftermath of this next week! What was it like to film those scenes?
    "It's always great to do a stunt scene. Jacqueline is always up for that too. It was weird because being aggressive doesn't really come naturally to me, especially acting alongside Jacqueline because we get along really well, but it was quite fun to film."

Are you glad the show is keeping so many secrets like this now?
    "Definitely! I think that's what makes the show so good at the moment - you just don't know what could be coming up. It was great the other week when Barbara Windsor returned and nobody had a clue. That makes things exciting and I think it's a good move by the producers, because it's really clever."

We are seeing a different side to Abi in general at the moment. Are you enjoying that, or would you like to see her return to her old self?
    "I'm really enjoying it. I'd say don't bring the old Abi back because I love doing this! It's good and it's the right time now that Jay has dumped her. People had said before that she could maybe change, but I think it's the right time now that she is growing up."

Were you sad to see Abi and Jay break up?
    "It was sad! Me and Jamie were both saying that it felt like the end of an era! I do enjoying working with him, so it was sad."

We've also heard there's an interesting dynamic coming up between Abi and Ben…
    "Yes, obviously Abi has always liked Ben as they've been best mates for a long time. I think Abi is just confused at the moment after being dumped by Jay, and now she sees Ben as the closest thing to him. It's not that she's getting fixated on Ben, but she starts to have a level of affection for him that she didn't have before.

"I've enjoyed working with Harry [Reid, who plays Ben] on the storyline. He's lovely and we get along really well. We've got a lot of scenes together coming up too. It's nice when you get someone who you just naturally get on with, because it makes it more of a natural relationship on screen."

Ben sees that Abi is struggling
    © BBC
    Ben and Abi

Would you like Abi to be Lucy's killer?
    "I honestly don't know who it is as it could be anyone, but I would like it to be Abi because it would be a challenge for me to act it. Why not? It could be fun to film!"

Are the cast feeling excited or nervous about the upcoming live week?
    "I think it's a bit of both really, but at the moment it's more excitement because it feels like ages away, so we're not really that nervous! There's a real buzz about the place at the moment, especially in group scenes because we're all trying to figure out who the killer is and discussing all the clues!"

Will it be another busy Christmas for the Brannings this year?
    "I don't want to give too much away, but Christmas isn't really heavy for the Brannings - but then New Year is going to be good for them!"

Are you happy to stick with EastEnders for the foreseeable future?
    "Definitely. You never know what's around the corner, but I'm definitely happy to stay there. I love working on the show, so I'm glad that Abi didn't go off to uni!"

EastEnders star Lorna Fitzgerald has teased that her character Abi Branning's dark side is set to continue, with some big drama coming up around Max's trial.

Viewers recently saw Abi turn on her dad Max as she told the police about his antics on the night Lucy Beale died, in order to get her boyfriend Ben Mitchell off the hook.

Abi's behaviour has become much darker over the last year, and Fitzgerald confirmed that there is still a lot more to come from her.

She told Inside Soap: "The dark side of Abi is set to continue. There is some really good stuff coming up with Max's murder trial, and you'll see that Abi really isn't as nice as she used to be.

"She is embracing her new role as an honorary Mitchell, and she loves it."

Fitzgerald also admitted that she has received a backlash since Abi reported Max to the police, but insisted that her alter ego's nasty streak has always been there.

She said: "When bosses first told me [about reporting Max], I thought, 'Maybe this won't be too bad and I can still look kind of sweet'. But then I got the scripts and I was like, 'No, there is nothing sweet about this at all'.

"To be fair, I think that side of her has always been there. People from her own family have left her and since she moved in with the Mitchells she has jumped on their bandwagon.

"You wouldn't believe the amount of hate I have had for dobbing in poor Max! It is quite funny that Abi is saying and doing all these mean things when she couldn't look more like an angel in her bird-print blouses."

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-08-2015), lizann (04-08-2015), tammyy2j (04-08-2015)

She's currently in a relationship with Ben Mitchell, but EastEnders star Lorna Fitzgerald has admitted that she wants her character Abi Branning to reunite with Jay Brown.

Abi and Jay were in a long-term relationship before he decided to break it off last year, leading Abi to pursue a romance with her friend Ben.

Speaking to Inside Soap about her hopes for an Abi and Jay reunion, Fitzgerald said: "Jamie and I have always been close and he is so easy to work with.

"I really want Jay and Abi to get back together actually. They are such great characters and really suit one another. Come on, Abi, forget about Ben - that's clearly going nowhere fast!"

Abi has been in denial over Ben's sexuality ever since they got together, and is currently unaware of his secret fling with Paul Coker. However, Fitzgerald thinks that her alter ego will do whatever it takes to keep hold of her man.

Abi dresses up in overalls to surprise Ben
    © BBC
    Abi dresses up in overalls to surprise Ben

She said: "Abi definitely has the potential to be a classic soap bunny boiler! I wouldn't put it past her to do anything to keep Ben.

"She is trying to convince herself that everything is fine, but deep down she knows that he doesn't really love her."

Fitzgerald has also confirmed that Abi's darker side is set to continue.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-08-2015)

Should Abi be arrested and charged now, I mean how many times has she lied or changed statement about Max and also her own fight with Lucy, does the police know this?

EastEnders star Lorna Fitzgerald has hinted that there will be lots of twists and turns in Max Branning's murder trial.

Max is currently awaiting trial after being wrongly accused of murdering Lucy Beale last year. Viewers know that young Bobby Beale is actually the guilty culprit, but Max was thrown into the limelight when his daughter Abi decided to report him.

Fitzgerald, who plays Abi, told Inside Soap: "I reckon the viewers are going to be surprised by the outcome of Max's murder trial.

"It's not as straightforward as Abi dobbing him in - so much more is revealed. There are lots of twists and turns in the story, and the repercussions aren't necessarily what you might expect.

"Abi isn't going to be able to reverse what she does and come back from it."

Fitzgerald was interviewed by the magazine to promote her nomination for Best Bad Girl at the Inside Soap Awards 2015.

When asked which soap villain she thinks Abi is most like, Fitzgerald said: "Janine Butcher! It's a similar story in that she grew up in Walford and went over to the dark side.

"I also like Sienna in Hollyoaks, but she is really nuts. I give Abi a week before she gets that bad!"

Soap fans can vote for the awards via the Inside Soap website.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...#ixzz3jG27grrC

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-08-2015), Glen1 (21-08-2015), maidmarian (19-08-2015)

Tbh, I'm sick of Abi. She just really annoys me. She's one of those people who believes you can change a person's sexuality, which obviously is not possible, yet she's still staying with Ben because she believes she can. She sooo needs to face reality!

Although I do feel somewhat sorry for her at the moment. I mean she's dobbed her dad in, she's only recently seemed to to come to grips with it thanks to the letter and everything that Sharon told her to write to him... How's that going to work out when she finds out the truth, and that she dobbed Max in for a crime he didn't do? (That doesn't mean, though, I won't enjoy the look on her face when she does find out) And everyone knows this thing with Ben isn't going to end well.

Someday she's going to find out that she's basically given her all for the Mitchells, by dating Ben and turning against her dad, for nothing. (And knowing Phil, I'm willing to bet he'll turn his back on her once she's no longer necessary or doesn't have anything to contribute). Plus, when she finds out Sharon's been holding back and didn't tell her the truth about Max and Bobby... That's definitely going to rub salt in the wound, together with Ben betraying her and everyone basically telling her "We told you so!" I wouldn't be surprised if she has a psychotic break at the end of all this.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to storyseeker1 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-08-2015), Glen1 (21-08-2015)

Thread Information