• I didn't like it

1 4.17%
  • I haven't seen it yet

15 62.50%
  • I'm not going to see it

4 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Da Vinci Code

I went anyway, even with the bad reviews, I thought it was rather good, well performed and it had some stunning views as well!

Fantastic. It was completly fantastic. Audrey was a bit rubbish, but Tom Hanks and Paul Bettany totally made up for it. I actually prefered the ending of the film, compared to the book. It was more based on explaining everything, rather then just implying things. I think if you hadn't read the book, you'd think it was a bit rubbish, because they skip over the reasons for things
    Spoiler:
    Like why the answer to the cryptex was an English word, when she was French (he always told her to speak english to him at home)

But for me, it was great, as i'd read the book. I'd recommend it, definately.

Haven't seen it yet, but i am going to go later this week and see it, my mates mum read the book and said it was very good, actually it was that good she read it in two days (she couldn't put it down)! But she said we should read it, but i think i might see the film first!

I saw it yesterday, I really liked it I wasn't keen on the ending though, I preferred the ending of the book I think. Paul Bettany and Tom Hanks were brilliant though

I have seen the film but not read the book yet. Must do so over the summer.

I think all the hype about it being offensive to religion is a bit over the top - it is art, that's all. For me it makes a great change from sex/drugs/gangster films. (That's why at 34 yrs old i am hooked on harry potter )

I've seen it i thought it was good

The book was a good thriller, although it wouldn't win any prizes for writing. The first time I read it I whizzed t hrough it, but now I am rereading it for book club and it really is written in a 'a thriller by numbers' style, regardless of the fantastic content.

I enjoyed the film. I had heard so many bad reviews that my expectations were really low. It wasn't the best film I have ever seen, but is was entertaining.

Thread Information