Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Series 2 box set revealed...

Series 2 box set revealed...

The BBC Shop has today unveiled packaging design for the DVD release of the The Complete Second Series later this year. Of note, the box is not the huge release of last year, instead a more streamlined shelf-space-saving version. The box will be out in November.

SOURCE: OUTPOST GALLIFREY

Its not as good as series 1's TARDIS design, in my opinion. Although i agree with this that its a bit big, and this is a much more simplier design, i just think its missing something. It looks a bit plain.

What do you all think of it?

Series 1 was more inventive, this one does seem very plain. It isn't as eye-catching as last years. I was expecting something quite spectacular, that isn't it
    xxx
    Hiro: ...but you flying man! WHOOOOSSSHHH!
    Nathan: Would you keep it down?
    Hiro: ...whooooosh.

The Tardis design last year was great, but i do like this design, i personally think it's a great cover and atleast it's more streamlined.

Thats the cover of the 3rd lot of DVD's that are coming out- Rise of the Cybermen, Age of Steel and Idiots Tantern.

The official Doctor Who website and 2Entertain have released details about the forthcoming UK DVD release of The Complete Series Two Box Set on 20 November. The release will include all 14 episodes (the thirteen from series two plus "The Christmas Invasion") and four hours of extras, including outtakes, deleted scenes, audio commentary on nine episodes, In Vision commentary on five episodes with cast and crew including Billie Piper and David Tennant, the 'cut down' versions of Doctor Who Confidential, video diaries from the two stars, and audio descriptions, subtitles and 5.1 sound. The information also confirms that the 2005 Children in Need Doctor Who special will also be included, but there is no word on any inclusion of the "Tardisodes" mini episodes that accompanied each broadcast. The set comes in lenticular packaging that features a special moving image on both front and back.

Source: Outpost Gallifrey

The outakes and deleted scenes sound good. This rest sounds quite similar to last years, but involving Tennant a lot more than what they did with Eccleston.

That one's nice I have the first one that is shaped like the Tardis and Clo (my sis) is getting that one for christmas.

thats kwl lol my cousin cloe has the one that's shaped like a cyberman's head!!!!

I got my Dr Who Series 2 Box Set today, really nice set, even if it's not as inventive as last year's one.

I think the design is nice on series two, especially as its space saving, i like small and sleek.

Thread Information