Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Top gear

i think that if anyone is going to be offended by things that are said then they shouldnt watch!
    i enjoyed the interview with hugh grant and thought he was really funny. the golf course bit was really funny and yes, it was great to see james doing the fast driving for a change as they always joke about his slowness!!
    POOKIE

They are so hilarious! It has nothing to do with testing cars, you can see they have so much fun making the show. Sometimes they take the piss of really everything. It used to be a consumer' s programme, but they turned it around with their unbelievable chemistry. Super to watch, my husband never missed it and I started to watch two years ago it has me in stitches every time. They way they make fun of cars, other drivers and the celebrities.

But who is the Stig!!!!! I' m still guessing.

Did you see the size of that Volkswagon test circuit. It was amazing.

Its sucha great programme.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Did you see the size of that Volkswagon test circuit. It was amazing.

Its sucha great programme.
    I have been to the Volkswagen factory in the 1980's (1985 )that was huge as well, the size of Monaco. Went there on a school trip. But unfortunately we didn't go to the circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
    I was in stitches when Jeremy said driving that car was like falling down the stairs wearing calipers aswell

I didn't take offence to that and my grandfather had to wear calipers prior to being chair bound.

Why can't people just have a laugh these days anymore arrrggghhhhhh
    I loved his little demonstration

At least we have some light relief in the form of these three while the rest of the country goes mad on PC.
    Last edited by Abigail; 08-02-2007 at 10:13.

I laughed so much at tonight's episode. When "Jezza" came riding up in his car with a dead cow on the top then reversed to get it off the roof was just hilarious I wonder what they did with the rest of the cow and how they skinned and gutted it.

I watched the credits at the end and The Stig was credited as Roscop P Stig. I've googled it and it hasn't brought anything up. It's the first time I've seen The Stig credited as any other than that.

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    But if you looked at the other credits - all of the people in the "background" were Billy Bob someone or other. Its taking the mick out of Rosco P Coltraine (sp?) from Dukes of Hazzard I think JB.

Oh that was such a hilarious episode though - I haven't laughed so much in ages - I was laughing so much I was almost crying, at one point thought I was going to start crying instead. My stomach hurt - ohhhh brilliant!!

When they had painted each others cars and then went through red neck country - Richard with Man Love on the side of his pick up, James with Hilary for President and Jezza with Country and Western is crap or words to that effect etc

Ah right, I'm not familiar with Rosco Coltraine or The Dukes of Hazzard.

Richard's car was hilarious with "Man Love Rules OK" plastered on the side of it.

Has to be one of the best shows they've ever produced.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo View Post

Oh that was such a hilarious episode though - I haven't laughed so much in ages - I was laughing so much I was almost crying, at one point thought I was going to start crying instead. My stomach hurt - ohhhh brilliant!!

When they had painted each others cars and then went through red neck country - Richard with Man Love on the side of his pick up, James with Hilary for President and Jezza with Country and Western is crap or words to that effect etc

OMG...I totally agree JJ, it was sooooooooooooooooooo funny...I really was nearly in tears from laughing so much!

Top Gear has to be one of the best progs on TV!

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Next weeks looks brill again too - trying to launch a robin reliant!! Only on Top Gear. Definitely one of the best programmes on the box at the mo. Long may it reign!!

Thread Information