Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Top gear

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    I saw on another site where they were saying was it right for them to show the cras and I thought yes if Richard was happy for them too.
    both Richard and his family were happy to show the crash.. if they are ok then so should everyone else.. this was closure for them all, especially Richard who wants this to be the end of it.. I loved his thank you that he gave to hospital and everyone who supported him... Well done TG..it was done well
    Super Mod

Definatly Shiv, it does done well, with the humour, but not pushing that side of it too much. And also with the actual seriousness of it.

The interaction between the presenters show that how well they get on and how much they respect each other having them making fun of Richard by giving him tissues and asking him if he's a mental is their way of hiding behind the mask that things could have been so tragically different. It was a great way to start of the new series and the roadworks report was brilliantly done.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

i thought it was ok i am just glad richard is ok cant believe the speed he was going glad he is better

TOP Gear beat Celebrity Big Brother in the ratings war in Britain on Sunday night.

The BBC2 motoring programme, which featured footage of Richard Hammond's life-threatening crash in September, was seen by 7.9 million viewers.

The finale of Channel 4's reality show, in which Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty was crowned this year's winner, attracted 5.8 million.

Top Gear got a peak of 8.6 million viewers when the high-speed crash was shown, while Big Brother reached 7.3 million at its height.

The BBC show had a 27.8 per cent share of viewers, while Celebrity Big Brother got a 20.9 per cent share, according to unofficial overnight statistics.

The figures set a new record for Top Gear, whose previous high was 5.3 million in August last year.

A Top Gear spokeswoman said: "It's great to have Top Gear back and in such good form."

Hammond, nicknamed the Hamster by TV sidekicks Jeremy Clarkson and James May, was filming a stunt for the show when he crashed the jet-powered dragster at 288mph (463km/h).

But the father of two left hospital just five weeks after the high-speed accident.

Footage of the dramatic crash were broadcast in the first episode of the new series of the BBC show.
    POOKIE

For those of you who missed it. Its repeated tonight 8pm BBC2
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

I know last week was a bit of a special one, showing the accident, but the guys have not let me down.. Excellent again this week. great fun and I still laugh at it all. Loved the whole bit with them all on the golf course.. I laughed so much
    Super Mod

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    Absolutely brilliant last night!

Did you see about there being complaints about last weeks show from brain injury charities for James passing Richard a tissue and for Jeremy asking him if he was mental? If they'd watched the show regularly they'd know it was just 3 mates having a laugh and nothing to be taken seriously!

The golf course was hilarious and seeing James driving at 252mph was a sight we aren't going to see again in a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
    Did you see about there being complaints about last weeks show from brain injury charities for James passing Richard a tissue and for Jeremy asking him if he was mental? If they'd watched the show regularly they'd know it was just 3 mates having a laugh and nothing to be taken seriously!
    they have said and done much worse than that.. did you hear Jeremy saying that hugh grant was better looking and had a smaller tongue than Jamie Oliver.. as you said, it was 3 mates having a laugh and if they watched regularly they would know it was all in jest. World has gone PC mad and needs to snap out of it
    Super Mod

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I was in stitches when Jeremy said driving that car was like falling down the stairs wearing calipers aswell

I didn't take offence to that and my grandfather had to wear calipers prior to being chair bound.

Why can't people just have a laugh these days anymore arrrggghhhhhh

Thread Information