Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: Top gear

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Meanwhile, Matt Collins of equality campaign Hope Not Hate asked the Daily Star:

The Daily Star is not asking that, Mr Collins of Hope Not Hate is asking it
    ah sorry

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thestud2k7 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (08-01-2012)

racist bigot clarkson sacked

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-03-2015), sarah c (26-03-2015), tammyy2j (26-03-2015)

They will make TG for another channel now, maybe under different name but same format, I am sure

They will make TG for another channel now, maybe under different name but same format, I am sure
    I heard it was going to keep being made without him. Even if Clarkson does get a similar job on another channel he's lost the kudos of being one of the BBC's biggest stars - home and abroad. Well deserved in my opinion.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (26-03-2015)

Well, nobody is irreplaceable and no doubt there are plenty more charismatic people out there that are capable of replacing him, but maybe less controversial ...

Chris Evans has been announced as the new lead host of Top Gear.

The Radio Two presenter has signed a three-year deal with the BBC to front the show, and will be joined by an all-new lineup.

Evans said: "I'm thrilled, Top Gear is my favourite programme of all time. Created by a host of brilliant minds who love cars and understand how to make the massively complicated come across as fun, devil-may-care and effortless.

"When in fact of course, it's anything but and that's the genius of Top Gear's global success.

"I promise I will do everything I possibly can to respect what has gone on before and take the show forward."

He also took to Twitter to confirm the news and to assure fans of his Radio Two show that he won't be leaving his post there.

BBC Controller Kim Shillinglaw said of the new appointment: "His [Evans] knowledge of and passion for cars are well-known and combined with his sheer inventiveness and cheeky unpredictability he is the perfect choice to take our much-loved show into the future."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (17-06-2015)

Although it reportedly took some very fine reading of their original Top Gear contracts, it looks as though Jeremy Clarkson, James May and "The Hamster" Richard Hammond will soon be returning to television near you. According to the latest gossip news updates, the car show co-hosts have found an Internet loophole in the BBC contracts and will likely be premiering a new series on a streaming service -- like Netflix or Amazon -- sometime before 2017. Meanwhile, the BBC network is continuing on with yet another revamped version of Top Gear with radio host turned television personality Chris Evans, who is still reportedly looking for at least one co-host from amongst the series fans.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (30-07-2015)

Although it reportedly took some very fine reading of their original Top Gear contracts, it looks as though Jeremy Clarkson, James May and "The Hamster" Richard Hammond will soon be returning to television near you. According to the latest gossip news updates, the car show co-hosts have found an Internet loophole in the BBC contracts and will likely be premiering a new series on a streaming service -- like Netflix or Amazon -- sometime before 2017.
    Why does it feel like Clarkson just keeps getting away with his bad behaviour? He's in the news again today for apparently re-tweeting an obscene image. The BBC's well rid.

Matt LeBlanc has been announced as a new Top Gear presenter - seen here alongside Chris Evans and the Stig Credit: BBC
    Chris Evans, the first new presenter to be announced for the revamped Top Gear, said he was "thrilled" a "lifelong fellow petrolhead" was joining him.
    As a car nut and a massive fan of Top Gear, I'm honoured and excited to be a part of this iconic show’s new chapter. What a thrill!
    The new-look Top Gear is expected to air in May, according to the BBC, following the departures of Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond.
    LeBlanc has previous with Top Gear; he was a two-time guest on the show and the fastest celebrity to date around the Top Gear track in its reasonably priced car.

He also presented a recent standalone spin-off where he led fans through some of the most memorable racing moments from previous series.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-02-2016)

So Friends star Matt LeBlanc is the new presenter of Top Gear.

Let's hope he doesn't get stuck in second gear

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rear window For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-02-2016), thestud2k7 (05-02-2016)

Thread Information