Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Top gear

Welcome back to the hamster. Loved the entrance tonight with all the showgirls but I did have a lump in my throat when they showed the crash. He really was one lucky fella

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I missed the entrance, but i saw it on the news, but i'd remembered it was on before they showed the crash, i'd not realised it was his 3rd go, so the first 2 times i was watching with my fist's all clenched. But wow what a lucky guy.
    His comment before he went on the first go, was a bit un-nerving to hear tho! And very propetic (sp?)
    Last edited by Jessie Wallace; 29-01-2007 at 01:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'Brien View Post
    Welcome back to the hamster. Loved the entrance tonight with all the showgirls but I did have a lump in my throat when they showed the crash. He really was one lucky fella
    I know what you mean. I felt the same. My husband saw the tyre in the first run and immediately said that tyre is going to blow up, it does not look good.
    The show is back on the road, and so is their funny outlook on things. The road repair item really cracked me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie Wallace View Post
    I missed the entrance, but i saw it on the news, but i'd remembered it was on before they showed the crash, i'd not realised it was his 3rd go, so the first 2 times i was watching with my fist's all clenched. But wow what a lucky guy.
    His comment before he went on the first go, was a bit un-nerving to hear tho! And very propetic (sp?)
    I found his words disturbing, my husband suggested it might be taped afterwards, but I think his eyes do not look the same as they did so indeed it was prophetic.

I have to say, I was like you Dawn.. first 2 times my heart was in my mouth.. you could see Richard was reliving in over and over.. but i am glad it was the usual top gear stuff.. Great entrance and taken the piss out of him was funny.. loved James May giving him the tissue.. It was brilliant. Glad it is back on a screens with a full team
    Super Mod

it was great to see all 3 presenters together again and glad they showed the accident first so they can get on with the rest of the series. it was a great start for a great show!
    POOKIE

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchgirl View Post
    The road repair item really cracked me up.
    I laughed so much at that.. the bit where James threw the megaphone under the steam roller and then when Richard went to the chipper for 75 fish and chips.. it was classic stuff..
    Super Mod

watched it last night with a huge group of people (in the pub) and you really could hear a pin drop while they were on the crash item at the end, my heart actually stopped. i loved how he said they were never to mention it again now - he really does want to move on

the road repair was hysterical -- clarksons "inspirational" speeches were he ripped off every famous political speech known to man was comedy genius, as was his motivator music!!!

the whole item was comedy genius

Just where did they get the idea from to redo a road in 24hrs? That was hilarious from start to finish Jeremy with his speaches and megaphone - until James threw it until the roller.

You could see at the end when they showed the crash that Richard was looking more uncomfortable after each section of the vid was shown. But they responded to it in usual TG style and took the piss out of it. There was a change in Jeremy when he was "interviewing" him, almost like he was really bothered about how it was going to be shown to the public or how they would perceive it. Jeremy being sensitive! I think Richard has the right idea, put it to bed and never mention it again.

I saw on another site where they were saying was it right for them to show the cras and I thought yes if Richard was happy for them too.

Thread Information