Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Top gear

Quote Originally Posted by jojomum
    omg and when James sat reading Gay Times whilst waiting for the engines to cool down !! Brilliant entertainment!!
    that was really funny.. it was a great show last night
    Super Mod

I laughed my pants of at the boath thingy. It was hysterical! Those guys you love or hate em!

it was funny when they had to change the vehicles into boats
    Last edited by dddMac1; 23-05-2006 at 17:14.

Quote Originally Posted by pookie1968uk
    did anyone watch it last night? my husband and i were hysterical laughing when they had to convert their vehicles to boats, drive them down the M6 and sail them on a reservoir!! very very funny!!!
    Haha i loved that ep. I liked the one with the big sail that had problems even getting to the reservoir!

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**

BBC Rejects Top Gear complaints

The BBC has rejected 500 objections about the behaviour of Top Gear hosts.

The corporation says the tone of the show is both irreverent and provocative, and viewers must be understanding about the kind of language likely to be used on the show.

A recent statement explained that no one was safe from "the team's acerbic comments and observations," adding that "were the presenters' comments and pranks carried out with any degree of seriousness... we would of course take issue with them."

The show has been no stranger to controversy, having previously received complaints about both James Mays' comment about cannabis and Jeremy Clarkson's Nazi salute.

Top Gear host slammed for cannabis joke

If like me you were wondering what was meant about James May's cannabis joke, here is what it was all about:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Top Gear presenter James May has landed himself in hot water after joking about taking drugs.

The former bus driver claimed in a recent episode that he used to smoke cannabis as he drove his passengers.

"Being a bus driver was the easiest job I have ever done," he explained. "It was easier than sitting around on this show because there were no cameras around. Because you're not being filmed when you're a bus driver, you can just light up and have a joint."

A spokesperson for the busmen's union told the Daily Star, "It would be highly irresponsible to drive any vehicle whilst under the influence of drugs. It is not something that he should joke about. Bus drivers bear a great duty of care to their passengers. I am disappointed by James May's actions and would hope that looking back on them, he would make an apology."

A spokesman for the BBC insisted that the comments were made "in jest".

"The Top Gear team's irreverent sense of humour is familiar to the regular audience," he said. "The comment was not to be taken seriously."

Topgear is back on sunday on BBC2 at 8pm.
    i for one cant wait for it!!
    POOKIE

They are going to be showing Richard Hammonds crash on it too apparently...

I can't wait - have been watching repeats on UKTV Gold whilst waiting for the new series to start!

I haven't watched this too much before, but this new series looks good, from what i read in the Radio Times interview with the 3 of them. The crash will be a bit strange to see, but i guess they can't air the show without showing it at some point, so they're just getting it out of the way, so they can move on. Thats what Richard Hammond said, at least!

I can't wait either. I love watching them fool around with cars and caravans. Especially the episode where they went caravanning and the ripped the side of the caravan open on a bollard. That was hilarious.
    Hope this series will be as good as the last.
    I think they need to show the crash cos people will just email and write in begging them to show it forever. At least once its been shown they can wrap the whole situation up and move on.

Thread Information