Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Duffy (Cathy Shipton)

i thought she cheated with her ex

Casualty star Cathy Shipton has warned that viewers will be reaching for the tissues as Charlie and Duffy's story gets even darker.

Duffy has been suffering in silence for the last few months, having failed to tell her husband Charlie about her depression diagnosis.

With Charlie oblivious to how much his wife is struggling, Duffy will grow even closer to her childhood sweetheart Bill in this Saturday's episode – after an incident at work leaves her devastated.

Duffy and Charlie in Casualty
    © BBC

Teasing turbulent time ahead for her character's marriage, Cathy – who plays Duffy – said to Inside Soap: "I can't say too much, of course. But our producer Lucy Raffety has already gone out there to say that both Duffy and Charlie have a challenging time ahead.

"We'll be exploring things that will touch a lot of people's lives, and it'll all be very relatable. So have the Kleenex ready!"

She added: "For our guest characters, their story is done and dusted in a week. But we're also playing out long-running stories with our long-running characters, and taking the audience along with us. We're not pulling any punches, and I think that's good."

Duffy in Casualty
    © BBC

Discussing why Duffy hasn't been able to share her struggles with Charlie, Cathy commented: "I'm sure that people will be shouting at the telly!

"There's an element of Duffy that's denying what she's feeling, believing it'll just go away – which is human, and I'm sure a lot of people can relate to that. But it's good to explore.

"People are flawed, and that's one of the things I love about playing Duffy. She's good at her job, yet she's not necessarily good at working out what she needs."

Digital Spy

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Splashy (21-10-2018), tammyy2j (18-10-2018)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    Alas Im struggling to watch this show now and Doctors as the BEEB have employed Norman on his Organ to play insane, unwanted and totally annoying back ground mood music. Didnt they learn from the down fall of ITVs the Bill, all they need to do now is also employ shaky hand Len on the camera and the show will be gone in weeks. Probably replaced with a re run of Friends or worse.

Mind you it wasnt just that that killed the Bill, no it was Louise Lytton who I see is now trying to take down EE.

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    i thought she cheated with her ex
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie Wallace View Post
    Base works for Ross in his meth lab to pay off his debts.

He collects 16-year-old Harry to work with them, and watches on as Ross physically asserts his authority over the teenager.

Duffy wakes up in a hotel room having slept with Bill. Full of guilt, she sends him away and gets ready to leave. On her way out, she hears a call for help and reluctantly treats Naima, who was found passed out in the hotel swimming pool by her fiance.
    She does

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/casu...ementia-shock/

Is she suffering from dementia???

After more than three decades and 350 episodes, it's been confirmed that Duffy actress Cathy Shipton will be leaving Casualty.

One of the longest-serving members of the cast, Cathy made her first appearance in the medical drama's pilot episode back in 1986.

With her final scenes set to air in early 2020, Cathy said of her exit: "Walking in Duffy's shoes through the years has taught me so much, for which I'll be forever grateful. I'm honoured and humbled to have played this inspiring woman.

"With sadness, but a sense of completion, l say goodbye."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cas...cathy-shipton/

Thread Information