Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duffy (Cathy Shipton)

Talking Duffy (Cathy Shipton)

The Sun has revealed that in celebration of CASUALTY's 20th year - favourite Duffy to is to make a guest return in a one-off special set in Cambodia.

The storyline sees Duffy, who was last seen on the show three years ago, in Cambodia where she is trying to set up a clinic and she calls on her old colleagues to help her out.

A team flies overseas headed by veteran nurse Charlie and including Abs, Comfort and Guppy.

An insider said: 'It will be an emotional reunion for Charlie and Duffy.

'While they never actually got it together, they have a massive soft spot for each other.

'But it won't all be hugs and kisses - they'll end up having a huge row.'

Cathy Shipton, who played Duffy for 13 years before quitting in April 2003 said 'I'm thrilled to be working with Derek again. It feels as though Duffy has never been away.'

The special episode has been set up to celebrate the long-running soap's 20-year anniversary in September.

A BBC source said: 'We wanted to do something really special to celebrate the anniversary.

'It's going to be a hot and sticky shoot in South East Asia but we hope it will turn out to be a really memorable show.'

Personally, I think this will be a really good episode. I love Duffy.

that should be a good episode and something a bit different, nice to see duffy too!
    POOKIE

It will be nice to see Duffy and Charlie back together. Looks good.

I like Duffy as well, so it will be good seeing her on our screens again.
    Medical School Guide Forums
    Soapboards approved link - rimmer

Wow, this will be great, loved Duffy, did she leave when her husband was killed didn't she, I think so, can't quite remember.
    It sounds really good!!!

I think she did leave shortly after that :hmmm: I remember she had her baby first.. or was the same eppy her husband died hah

Oh wow that will be fab, i loved Duffy and i think she was quite a big part in Casualty! x

She left after that security guard she took up with did away with all her money, they were going business together and he did a runner. Sounds like a good story - but a bit like ER with the Noah Wyle character going to Sudan and now Pratt going out to help him.

IT sounds good. Duffy was always a great charcter.cant wait to see her back.

Sounds brilliant, i always liked Duffy so i am glad she is returning and is being reunited with Charlie, a great way to mark the 20th anniversary of the show too.

Thread Information