Thread: Insurance Fraud

Insurance Fraud

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me out I bought a ring for £150 and took out insurance with the purchase which the sales person implied covered loss. Now I'vve lost the ring and read the terms and conditions and theres lots of clauses. I was going to go to the police and claim it had been taken from my house during a house party however it says you cannot claim if its stolen without forced entry by someone you let into your house. So i'm considering going to the police and saying a group of girls threatened me for stuff. Although I know it is wrong i need to replace the ring as it was a present which ive already lost and replaced. Do you think i should do this or just buy another one. Help please has anyone done anything similar?
    Last edited by LUSHLOOKE69; 09-05-2006 at 14:28.

Did you ask the shop where you got it if it covers loss? if yes, then you don't need to do anything. If it doesn't, then it is best just to buy another one
    Super Mod

no they don't the trouble is im really skint but also moral

Dont make up a story that involves to boys in blue. These things have a habit of backfiring and then you may end up facing criminal charges. If you genuinely lost the ring then surely its covered. If not by the crappy policy the shop sold you then maybe by your household insurance.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by LUSHLOOKE69
    no they don't the trouble is im really skint but also moral
    Don't lie and make a false statement to the police. You are asking for trouble.

Definitely not worth the risk. If they found you out, which there is a good chance of them doing, you'd be facing a criminal charge which would end up costing you far more than the ring in legal fees etc...

Yeh i agree with all of you its not worth the risk especially as il be thrown off my uni course if i get charged with something like that.

just tell the truth and i hope they do give you a refund

Thread Information