Thread: Florida - Advice Please.....

Florida - Advice Please.....

Hi everyone

Needing some advice, has anyone been to florida?

Im thinking of booking a villa for a major family birthday and it would be for about 10 - 14 ppl.

I have never rented a villa before, dont know much about florida and have no clue which area to book in or how much all the extras (theme parks) will cost.

Would also like to know about transport links for the adults at night, we dont want to hire a car as it would mean about 3 of us having to not drink.

Can anyone give some much needed advice?

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by pops110874
    Hi everyone

Needing some advice, has anyone been to florida?

Im thinking of booking a villa for a major family birthday and it would be for about 10 - 14 ppl.

I have never rented a villa before, dont know much about florida and have no clue which area to book in or how much all the extras (theme parks) will cost.

Would also like to know about transport links for the adults at night, we dont want to hire a car as it would mean about 3 of us having to not drink.

Can anyone give some much needed advice?
    Ok I have been to Fla many times my brother lives there and plus I am an American, give me an idea which theme park u are interested in,, disney, buschgardens,, where ?? If you can PM me with more details Il will help u all I can :-) JJ

Well im not really too sure, the youngest kids going will be teenagers so probably universal and disney mgm theme parks will be more suitable, but then ive never been to either one, just going by brochures.

What do you think would be best?

Also is november still hurricane season in florida?

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by pops110874
    Well im not really too sure, the youngest kids going will be teenagers so probably universal and disney mgm theme parks will be more suitable, but then ive never been to either one, just going by brochures.

What do you think would be best?

Also is november still hurricane season in florida?
    November is a pretty good month to go, I have gone there in oct and november both, the nasty season is april ( it rains all the time )
    If u do not want to rent a car.. then you might want to consider a suite of adjoining rooms at the disney hotel or the one close by, there are all sorts of transport with in the theme park, some times you can get a package deal with transportation included if u stay at a certain theme park hotel,, check that out too ( shuttle buses( coaches) to and from certain locations etc,,,
    Any place in ORLANDO is nice.. Universal is TERRIFIC, its good for any age actually :-) the teenagers will love the place !!!!!
    If you want more help, let me know and Ill send u some sites to check out,,
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by JustJodi
    November is a pretty good month to go, I have gone there in oct and november both, the nasty season is april ( it rains all the time )
    If u do not want to rent a car.. then you might want to consider a suite of adjoining rooms at the disney hotel or the one close by, there are all sorts of transport with in the theme park, some times you can get a package deal with transportation included if u stay at a certain theme park hotel,, check that out too ( shuttle buses( coaches) to and from certain locations etc,,,
    Any place in ORLANDO is nice.. Universal is TERRIFIC, its good for any age actually :-) the teenagers will love the place !!!!!
    If you want more help, let me know and Ill send u some sites to check out,,
    JJ
    Looking into a disney hotel as we speak. Was also looking at a villa in Acadia Estates at Formosa Gardens Boulevard, apprently its only 3 miles from disney. Do you think thats anywhere near downtown orlando, im thinking this is our best bet for nighttime entertainment?

Thanks for the tips - its much appreciated.

Thread Information