Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Tricks

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips

New Tricks

Hey every body,,, does any one on this site watch NEW TRICKS ??
    I actually enjoy the show,Was wondering if any one watched it?? I find it really refreshing and funny too..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/newtricks/about.shtml

Huge fan here, the cast are so great to watch on screen together, I guess it helps that Im a huge fan of all 4 of them. Dennis Waterman cracks me up everytime, the scripts are hilarious as well as very moving and touching. Just a top notch show.

Thank you Jessie Wallace

I love new tricks me am my dad watch it evry week and i even have the song on my fone!!!

i think new tricks is brilliant love all the episodes and have the dvds

I watched it on friday because i saw it advertised and it mentioned Timothy West was appearing and i have met his son so i figured why not watch it (I have a strange mind like that!) And i was suprised, it was great. I love the Charecters and their relationships with one another and i will deffo be tuning in again !

Season 10 back soon with Dennis Waterman, Denis Lawson, Nicholas Lyndhurst and Tamzin Outhwaite

And it is set in Gibraltar, so you can all see where I live!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to moonstorm For This Useful Post:

Perdita (25-07-2013)

20th August

While Lane is spending time at home making peace with himself over his dismissal, Esther introduces him to Margaret Kirby, a friend from book club who is looking for her missing brother, Peter. Initially reluctant, Lane agrees to help her find him in the interest of keeping his mind active.
    The Lanes are being bothered by a journalist, apparently sent by Embleton to discredit Brian as a detective, and when Strickland says he can do nothing to stop this, a furious Brian is spurred into visiting a convicted murderer in prison. Jonathan Epstein was accused of torturing his wife for her bank passwords and along with his girlfriend, murdering her - but his girlfriend disappeared with the money. Peter Sale - the brother Lane has agreed to track down for Margaret - was the Epsteins' accountant and Lane hopes he’ll know where Sale is.

Meanwhile, UCOS have received an anonymous lead about the whereabouts of a conman who may be connected to a number of their outstanding cases.

Accompanied by Esther, Brian sets off on a trail to find Margaret’s missing brother, which leads down several blind alleys and begins to encroach on the work UCOS are doing to track down the conman. But who is leaving him clues, how many times can he cross paths with his old colleagues, and who will get to the truth first?

3rd September

Five years ago, happily married father-to-be Simon Belgrade went for his daily run in Epping Forest but mysteriously never made it to work at his father in law’s construction company.
    It turns out that, Frank Miles, Simon’s father in law has a record for GBH and he becomes even more suspicious when Pullman notices how his daughter Becky appears terrified of him.

Becky was eight and a half months pregnant at the time of Simon’s disappearance and is shaken at the idea that her missing husband might have been murdered. Also holding out hope that he’ll return are Simon’s mother Eliza and older brother Tim, who paint the picture of Simon and Becky’s perfect marriage.

With no money missing from his account, none of his belongings taken from his home and without his passport, UCOS are puzzled at how far Simon could have gone and when they question Simon’s best friend Dom Akers and Dom’s estranged wife Lois, they wonder what was really going on in Simon’s private life at the time.

Eventually, the team finds out that Simon had a string of failed businesses, a complex relationship with his father and a desire to escape the rat race, which slowly starts to shed light on his disappearance.

Dennis Waterman has quit New Tricks, his spokesperson has announced.

Waterman is the only original cast member left on the BBC One drama series, which is now in its 11th series.

The star's agent Derek Webster told The Mirror that he will only appear in two episodes of the 12th series.

Waterman's agent said: "Dennis has decided to quit New Tricks. There are another 10 episodes that they are going to start filming in November and he will be in two of them.

"So he will be filming with them until the New Year, but then that will be it. Dennis misses the old crew, the original line-up. The chemistry between them on the set was remarkable.

"It's difficult to get chemistry like that on set and being on the show with new cast members now just isn't quite the same.

"I'm not saying there has been a big falling out or anything, but the original team worked together for 10 years, so it was always going to be a bit strange when people started leaving.

"All of the other leading cast members decided the time was right for them to leave one by one, and now Dennis has decided it is his time to go."

Tamzin Outhwaite, Denis Lawson, Nicholas Lyndhurst & Dennis Waterman in New Tricks
    © BBC / Wall to Wall Media/Amanda Searle
    The current cast of New Tricks

New Tricks - which currently stars Tamzin Outhwaite and Nicholas Lyndhurst - began in March 2003 as a one-off episode featuring a group of retired police officers solving crimes.

The original cast featured Waterman, Alun Armstrong, James Bolam and Amanda Redman.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (19-09-2014)

Thread Information