Thread: Problem

Problem

Hi,

I've been seeing my boyfriend for 8 months (well there was a break in the middle for about a month) but he never comes over to see me at my house. I live with my parents and whenever we arrange to meet it always seems to be me going over to his house (about 45 mins away in the car) and im getting sick of it. I've recently been in hospital for 2 weeks following an operation and he came and saw me TWICE!! Ive been home over a week and he has been ONCE! His excuse "I feel awkward when your parents are there". I don't know what to do for the best?
    Do i finish things or keep pushing for him to make an effort and come over mine a little more often?

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy
    Hi,

I've been seeing my boyfriend for 8 months (well there was a break in the middle for about a month) but he never comes over to see me at my house. I live with my parents and whenever we arrange to meet it always seems to be me going over to his house (about 45 mins away in the car) and im getting sick of it. I've recently been in hospital for 2 weeks following an operation and he came and saw me TWICE!! Ive been home over a week and he has been ONCE! His excuse "I feel awkward when your parents are there". I don't know what to do for the best?
    Do i finish things or keep pushing for him to make an effort and come over mine a little more often?

i think you could do a lot better that this boy, by what you have said he sounds very selfish, he wants things on his terms all the time, you need to question if this boy is really right for you?

there are two people in a relationship, and it takes effort on both parts for it to work,

hope this helps

Aunt Sally

he sounds like hes shy to me.at least he has been honest and admitted what the problem is,your parents as he feels awkward and shy around them.maybe you could explain to him that they like him and they won't bite!

my boyfriend is abit the same but am lucky cos he lives in the same street as me. i always go to his, or sometimes he comes to mine but it is mostly if my mum and sisters are out. A few times he has been though when my mum and her fella are in and he is doing it more often now.
    i think that is the reason ya know he must feel awquard but then again he wouldn't have to sit with your parents would he? just try and explain to him imean its been 8 months he should be coming to your house more often and he should of visited you more when you were in hospital. Try and make him see as Chance says that your parents don't bite.

I think you all have it very wrong. I don't think he is shy, it sounds like he is distancing himself from you, so that in the end you get fed up with him and finish with him.
    Its a very old trick.
    Dump him now, get over him and get on with your life.
    If he wouldn't even hardly go and see you in Hospital then surely that proves enough. Or was he shy incase a nurse or doctor was there!!!!!!!!
    He is bored, he wants a change, he just isn't man enough to do something about it!!!
    Sorry if thats harsh, but i seriously don't think this guy is shy!

Thread Information