Thread: New Holby spin off

New Holby spin off

From Digital spy folks

A Holby City spin-off show, Holby Blue, is in its 'early stages of development', the BBC has confirmed.

Information regarding the new show is sparse but it is known that the new medical drama will air on BBC One from next year in a "peak, pre-watershed" time slot.

A spokeswoman for the BBC told DS: "Holby Blue is only in its early stages of script development at the moment and we're very fortunate to be working with Tony Jordan."

She added: "As yet, we are not entirely sure as to how strongly the new show will be linked with Holby."

Sounds intresting and if it has Tony Jordan as a writer its definetley one to watch/ Tony is a great writer.

Quote Originally Posted by bakedbean
    From Digital spy folks

A Holby City spin-off show, Holby Blue, is in its 'early stages of development', the BBC has confirmed.

Information regarding the new show is sparse but it is known that the new medical drama will air on BBC One from next year in a "peak, pre-watershed" time slot.

A spokeswoman for the BBC told DS: "Holby Blue is only in its early stages of script development at the moment and we're very fortunate to be working with Tony Jordan."

She added: "As yet, we are not entirely sure as to how strongly the new show will be linked with Holby."

Sounds intresting and if it has Tony Jordan as a writer its definetley one to watch/ Tony is a great writer.
    Snap was just going to mention this. Anyway I'll contribute by saying that it's kind of ironic that a 'spin-off' of Casualty such as Holby City gets a spin-off too. Which I guess is deservedly so as it's been on our screens now for 7 years or so.

From the new title, I was surprised to read it will be aired pre-watershed.
    Medical School Guide Forums
    Soapboards approved link - rimmer

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Hmmm not sure if I am gonna like a spin off,, cos usually they do not do to well but if Tony Jordan is gonna give it a try,, we can watch it and see ...

Quote Originally Posted by Emmak2005
    Snap was just going to mention this. Anyway I'll contribute by saying that it's kind of ironic that a 'spin-off' of Casualty such as Holby City gets a spin-off too. Which I guess is deservedly so as it's been on our screens now for 7 years or so.
    the new programme could equally be a spin off of casualty too because casualty and holby are both set in the same hospital in Holby.
    sounds like a good programme to me!
    POOKIE

Quote Originally Posted by JustJodi
    Hmmm not sure if I am gonna like a spin off,, cos usually they do not do to well but if Tony Jordan is gonna give it a try,, we can watch it and see ...
    Yeah, I am unsure about it too. However, will watch it and see what I think. I suppose it has to be better then the crap, Vital Signs!
    Medical School Guide Forums
    Soapboards approved link - rimmer

Oooh, looks good.

So it will be a spin off of a spin off!!!! I don't mind. I love Holby.

Yeah but it gonna be there version of the Bill

i read this and i reckon it will be very simular to the bill and Merseybeat when it was on. There are only so many stories police dramas can have.

Thread Information