Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: made it to 12 weeks - yipeeeee

yes next one is at 20 weeks - we were hoping to find out - I am not the most patient person in the world - but the hospital we are ats policy is not to look for the sex of the baby - so don't know if we will get to find out before bubs is born - although we have spoken about doing a 3d/4d scan so would hopefully find out then

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    That would be amazing - a 3d/4d scan!!

I'm not patient either - almost hated not knowing what liam was till he arrived lol.

I know a lot of hospitals wont say, in case of people suing them etc if they are wrong.

we get so many scans due to the diabetes - I get on every 4 weeks towards the end to check for growth - so I get to know the scanners really well so I am hoping that they might let it slip or at least let me see so I can make up my own mind

I think that it is silly people would sue the hospitals they always tell you that they cant be 100% sure

It annoys me - when I was pregnant, I used to look up scan pics on the net of different stages (sad i know lol) and there were ones where it showed you a scan of a boy and of a girl - theres no way i could have told the difference. Its surprising how similar they are at 20 weeks. I remember with Ciaran, even though it was extremely clear he was a boy, the sonographer still said 90% and said that they had had a lot of people putting in complaints because they were wrong.

Is the diabetes going ok? Have you still got it under control?

My bumb stop growing at 30 weeks so I had to attend the hospital everyweek to have a scan to check that Marley was growing properly but we were unable to tell what sex she was as she was lying on her side.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

We had a scan at 32 weeks with Liam as they thought he was too big and they said the later on in pregnancy you are, the harder to tell the sex apparently...
    Last edited by Jojo; 27-04-2006 at 14:45.

we had a perfect "money" shot with christopher - you could clearly see all the boy parts - and the same happened with Sarah - with little girls early on you are looking for 3 white lines

I guess we are set no matter what we have since we have 1 of each already

the diabetes will never be undercontrol as my requirements change so much through the pregnancy - but I am coping with it - just means I have to make sure I have chocolate in my handbag all the time and am careful to have snacks through the day to keep my sugars stable

Thread Information