Thread: George Michael hasn't lost it

George Michael hasn't lost it

There has been a booking frenzy for George Michael's first tour in 15 years.

Phone lines were jammed and most tickets were sold within two hours.

News of Michael's tour came just days after the 42-year-old singer was interviewed by police over claims that he collided with three parked cars while behind the wheel of his Range Rover and then drove off without informing the owners.

He dismissed the incident as a "parking accident" and joked: "I'm a terrible driver."The former Wham! star's greatest hits tour will kick off in Madrid on September 27 and will reach the UK in November.

The tour is a celebration of his 25-year career in music.

Entitled 25 Live, Michael will be performing a selection of songs taken from all his albums, including some classic Wham! tracks.He is releasing a Greatest Hits album, with four new tracks, to coincide with the tour.

Michael has sold more than 85 million records worldwide, including 11 British number one singles and seven British number one albums.Recently his personal life rather than his singing career has put him in the headlines.

In February police arrested him on suspicion of possessing drugs after he was found slumped at the wheel of a car at Hyde Park Corner in central London. He was later cautioned for possessing cannabis.

In a statement, Michael said the arrest was "my own stupid fault as usual".He will play the MEN Arena in Manchester on November 17, 18 and 21, the SECC in Glasgow on November 22, the NEC Arena in Birmingham on December 2, 3 and 4, Wembley Arena from December 11 to 15 and Earl's Court on November 25 and 26.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Singer George Michael has died aged 53, his publicist has said.
    The star, who launched his career with Wham in the 1980s and later continued his success as a solo performer, is said to have "passed away peacefully at home".
    Thames Valley Police said South Central Ambulance Service attended a property in Goring in Oxfordshire at 13:42 GMT.
    Police say there were no suspicious circumstances.
    Michael, who was born Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou in north London, sold more than 100m albums throughout a career spanning almost four decades.
    In a statement, the star's publicist said: "It is with great sadness that we can confirm our beloved son, brother and friend George passed away peacefully at home over the Christmas period.
    "The family would ask that their privacy be respected at this difficult and emotional time. There will be no further comment at this stage."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-12-2016), tammyy2j (26-12-2016)

Singer George Michael has died aged 53, his publicist has said.
    The star, who launched his career with Wham in the 1980s and later continued his success as a solo performer, is said to have "passed away peacefully at home".
    Thames Valley Police said South Central Ambulance Service attended a property in Goring in Oxfordshire at 13:42 GMT.
    Police say there were no suspicious circumstances.
    Michael, who was born Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou in north London, sold more than 100m albums throughout a career spanning almost four decades.
    In a statement, the star's publicist said: "It is with great sadness that we can confirm our beloved son, brother and friend George passed away peacefully at home over the Christmas period.
    "The family would ask that their privacy be respected at this difficult and emotional time. There will be no further comment at this stage."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Splashy (27-12-2016)

I was complaining of hearing Last Christmas too much this year but OMG what a shocker, was he sick?

R.I.P.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-12-2016), Splashy (27-12-2016)

It really was his last Christmas this year as the sun has gone down on him
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 26-12-2016 at 01:10.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Yes, Last Christmas has very poignantly been played a lot in the soaps this year.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Splashy (27-12-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I was complaining of hearing Last Christmas too much this year but OMG what a shocker, was he sick?

R.I.P.
    Was found dead at his home, a post mortem needs to be carried out to establish cause of death RIP George Appeared he had heart failure
    Last edited by Perdita; 26-12-2016 at 08:18.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

there are two artists who meant so much to me grown up as a teenager and through out my twenties. One is Madonna and the other was George Michael. To say a piece of me was robbed today is an understatement. George got me through University and my pregnancy. I loved him so much and his music meant a great deal to me. I am very sadden by his passing.
    RIP George. Taken too soon.
    Super Mod

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-12-2016), lizann (26-12-2016), Perdita (26-12-2016), Splashy (27-12-2016)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    When Freddie died he was the only one who came anywhere near living up to fronting Queen during the concert for Mercurys memory.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-12-2016), Perdita (27-12-2016), Siobhan (30-12-2016)

Lots of people are coming forward with stories of George's secret philanthropy. He was a very nice man.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38442559

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Perdita (27-12-2016), Siobhan (30-12-2016)

Thread Information