Page 73 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss Resolution

Oooo I like wraps! Good idea!

That's okay then. 1 cup! . Don't think I could cut down that much!

Healthy food is soooooo expensive

Haha... I didn't think I could either!
    I just stopped drinking tea in the morning and had fruit juice lie apple juice or something and stick to ater through the day and then I have a cuppa when I get home from school to chill me out haha.
    I'm making it sound like nicotine or something!

wraps are lovely lea, i prefer them to bread although i try not to eat that at all anymore

i had a docs appointment today and i have a LOT of weight to lose! i HAVE to do it for one reason and one reason only.

i feel like now i have the info i wanted i will make myself do it

chocolate is the food of the devil. it is posion ( but ohhhhhh so nice!!) ( thats what im telling myself *drools over a marsbar*

ill let you all know how im getting on!

Quote Originally Posted by Em View Post
    replacing chips though ... that would be a toughie! Im trying to eat more healthily but I think part of my problem is i dont eat dinner until around 8 - Im sure thats not good! But i am trying to have one trat night a week or i would die!
    my sis read somewhere that its best to eat no carbs after 6pm and nothing at all after 8pm, especially if youre trying to lose weight
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Its fab Siobhan! How far is your work from home? Are you ok in the dark? im thinking of walking home from the train station (about a mile and a half) but am scared in the dark lol!

replacing chips though ... that would be a toughie! Im trying to eat more healthily but I think part of my problem is i dont eat dinner until around 8 - Im sure thats not good! But i am trying to have one trat night a week or i would die!
    Em.. I walk about 20 mins every morning and it is really dark as I have to go through a field with no lights but as it is morning there is nobody around.. at night I take the longer way home which add 15 mins more on to my journey..

Due to work I don't eat til 8pm either but your body doesn't care when it gets it calories as long as it gets enough.. the only difference about eating late is people feel more sluggish going to bed and takes a bit long to sleep but it is fine to eat late.

I can't afford a gym either so I made myself a little one at home. You just need a mat and a book on how to do the exercises.. not very motivating cause it is just easier to sit on the sofa but if you put on your fav program (for me it is scrubs) then the 30 mins go so quickly that you don't notice you have done it.. this is just what I have done, others on here gave me lots of tips too which helped lots so thanks guys

If you really wanted to know it works, read What Hazey has written in this thread.. she was my motivator so thank you
    Super Mod

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Em (07-02-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLea View Post
    Oooo I like wraps! Good idea!

That's okay then. 1 cup! . Don't think I could cut down that much!
    Me either Lea.. I drink about as much as you.. Black tea is much better for you cause it contains a lot of anti toxins which are actually of benefit for you
    Super Mod

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (07-02-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty :] View Post
    Aww :/ We don't really have chocolate and crisps... but in school I boredom eat in free lessons. So I now have fruit instead

Lea have you tried a wrap before?
    It's like an alternative to bread and they're really nice and you can have what you like in them

And about the tea...I think it just depends on the milk and sugar... but seems as though you have sweetner you don't need to wory about that. I ahve Semi-Skimmed milk in my tea And I've cut down to maybe 1 cup of tea a day ..when I sed to drink like 5 or 6.

Its good to eat a bit of everything
    Just in moderation thats all

Hope I was of some help
    Although sweetener does not have calories as such, it is a sugar substitute and will still add unwanted pounds if you use too much. Try going without, took me a couple of days to get used to the taste, now I have no sugar in any drink. Are you using skimmed milk? Try to drink water and not fizzy drinks, add a little lemon juice if you find the taste boring.
    Gives you added vitamins and no calories.

Be careful walking in the dark, certainly don't do it on your own. Is there a walking club where you live? You don't have to use the sticks if you don't want to, I am sure. Use stairs instead of lifts. Do a couple of sit-ups and press-ups in your bedroom when you get up and before you go to sleep. All adds up in the day.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (07-02-2008)

Thanks Perdita. I'll certainly try going without sweetner at all. I don't use that much anyway.. half a teaspoon usually. I use whole milk .

I do love water so that should be easyish.. and cheaper too.. I'll think of the money lmao!

I really have no idea about walking clubs. I was thinking last night.. that I might go swimming once a week. The swimming pool is about half hour maybe more walk, so that's walking there and back and then the swimming.. that could help I think? I'll do the sit up and press up idea too.

Thanks loads .

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Its fab Siobhan! How far is your work from home? Are you ok in the dark? im thinking of walking home from the train station (about a mile and a half) but am scared in the dark lol!

Em.. I walk about 20 mins every morning and it is really dark as I have to go through a field with no lights but as it is morning there is nobody around.. at night I take the longer way home which add 15 mins more on to my journey..

Due to work I don't eat til 8pm either but your body doesn't care when it gets it calories as long as it gets enough.. the only difference about eating late is people feel more sluggish going to bed and takes a bit long to sleep but it is fine to eat late.

I can't afford a gym either so I made myself a little one at home. You just need a mat and a book on how to do the exercises.. not very motivating cause it is just easier to sit on the sofa but if you put on your fav program (for me it is scrubs) then the 30 mins go so quickly that you don't notice you have done it.. this is just what I have done, others on here gave me lots of tips too which helped lots so thanks guys

If you really wanted to know it works, read What Hazey has written in this thread.. she was my motivator so thank you
    Well my darling fiance bought me an exercise bike for Xmas, so Im trying to use it two/three times a week for half an hour! I mentioned to him about walking home from work and he wants me to wait a few weeks until its lighter outside I pointed out my dress fitting is coming up but he was still grumpy (and Idont have any fields to walk through its abusy main road!)

Oh well at least he cares ) Am sure I will get there but thanks for the tips guys will keep you updated!

Thread Information