Page 72 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss Resolution

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    After taking lots of advice from you guys I started my diet 4 weeks ago.. I had my first weigh-in last saturday and I lost 7lb (which I am really happy with) but on top of that I lost 1 inch of my belly, ass and thighs and gained 1cm on my upper arms (which were more jelly than muscle).. I am going to keep going cause it is the first time I have lost weight gradually so I am hoping it stays off.. next weigh-in is start of March so will keep you posted
    Wow Siobhan! is it just exercise and good food? Im on a never ending wedding diet any tips appreciated! Unfortunately cost of the wedding means no gym for me so any help welcomed!

Well done Siobhan, keep it up and keep us posted. What kind of diet are you following? It sounds good if you are loosing weight slowly, you should keep it off that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Well done Siobhan, keep it up and keep us posted. What kind of diet are you following? It sounds good if you are loosing weight slowly, you should keep it off that way.
    replacement and exercise diet... I replaced chips, chocolate and crisp with fruit and veg (doesn't sound very exciting but it works if you allow yourself a little treat every so often) and I work out a lot more.
    I do my dance class on monday and 30 min exercise at home 2 other day in the week.. I walk to work everyday so that helps too.. I feel better, less hungry and have more energy
    Super Mod

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Perdita (06-02-2008)

I was hoping you would say that you did not really do anything other than perhaps cutting out the really bad stuff, but had a feeling you would mention different food such as fruit and veg and EXERCISE! Good on you, though and I hope to follow suit one of these days soon.

I was hoping you would say that you did not really do anything other than perhaps cutting out the really bad stuff, but had a feeling you would mention different food such as fruit and veg and EXERCISE! Good on you, though and I hope to follow suit one of these days soon.
    If only huns.. I would love to eat what I want and lose weight. I would love if there was a little pill you take, do 10 sit-ups and hey presto instant flat tummy.. but no, I learnt you have to actually work at been healthy.. last few diets I just starved till I lost weight (worked but when I stopped, it went back on and then some more)
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    replacement and exercise diet... I replaced chips, chocolate and crisp with fruit and veg (doesn't sound very exciting but it works if you allow yourself a little treat every so often) and I work out a lot more.
    I do my dance class on monday and 30 min exercise at home 2 other day in the week.. I walk to work everyday so that helps too.. I feel better, less hungry and have more energy
    Its fab Siobhan! How far is your work from home? Are you ok in the dark? im thinking of walking home from the train station (about a mile and a half) but am scared in the dark lol!

replacing chips though ... that would be a toughie! Im trying to eat more healthily but I think part of my problem is i dont eat dinner until around 8 - Im sure thats not good! But i am trying to have one trat night a week or i would die!

Sounds like it's going really well Siob!!

I'd like to lose a stone or two lol. My biggest problem is college and drinking (any drink not just alcohol lol).

With college I spend SO much on food! Usually either a breakfast (egg, sausage etc.. ) or McDonalds... or soup. I am a very thirsty person.. sometimes I think I drink drinks cos I'm bored.. and have loads of drinks in the day.. anything from something fizzy, smoothies, water, powerade, tea! and others!

I can't seem to stop eating the food at college though haah!! Even if my mum makes me sandwiches!! I don't like sandwiches though so that might be the problem!! What is healthy that you can take in a packed lunch??

Up point - I don't like chocolate that much so hardley ever eat it. If I do it's one cube a day or something - makes me feel sick.

Another bad point - I get a bus to college (WAYYY to far to walk) .. can't afford to join the gym at the moment.. so I was thinking maybe take up walking? Yet there's no time lol! I'm either at college or at work.. or it's too dark haha. Don't want to roam the streets in my town at night o_O.

Any help appreciated .

Silly question; is tea fattening lol?? I have sweetner not sugar... but do like a lot of milk sometimes.. I have at least
    8 mugs a day..
    - end essay - Sorry
    Last edited by CrazyLea; 06-02-2008 at 21:22.

I'm doing lent
    Giving up Crisps and chocolate.
    I did it last year too and its surprising how much you can lose!

I really do try to cut down on crisps and chocolate or biscuits you know the like and I just cant we always have some bits in the house and then there is college

Aww :/ We don't really have chocolate and crisps... but in school I boredom eat in free lessons. So I now have fruit instead

Lea have you tried a wrap before?
    It's like an alternative to bread and they're really nice and you can have what you like in them

And about the tea...I think it just depends on the milk and sugar... but seems as though you have sweetner you don't need to wory about that. I ahve Semi-Skimmed milk in my tea
    And I've cut down to maybe 1 cup of tea a day ..when I sed to drink like 5 or 6.

Its good to eat a bit of everything
    Just in moderation thats all

Hope I was of some help

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirsty :] For This Useful Post:

CrazyLea (06-02-2008)

Thread Information