Page 18 of 78 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: A levels

god how I hate January exams, the worst time of year to have them, they are so depressing.

Have English/Media/Film and Critical Thinking in the next 2 weeks.

My philosophy is if I havent learnt it already I wont in two weeks of revision. English we take our annotated books in, and media is a set question, it never changes, I got an A in my mock so if i remember my answer then I'll be fine.

Film is the one I'm worrying about the most, couldn't give a damn about Critical Thinking.

I've discovered that Southampton only needs 180 points, which is 3 D's (This isn't a reflection on the university, it's just an undersubscribed course). Seen as I'm predicted As/Bs, i can relax a bit.

my friend di the bilogy one as well. She was learning all about the leaf structure and blood cells. Dont know which module that was.
    We didn't do that one. I think its our next module. I regret doing biology so much...

Quote Originally Posted by bondboffin View Post
    I've discovered that Southampton only needs 180 points, which is 3 D's (This isn't a reflection on the university, it's just an undersubscribed course). Seen as I'm predicted As/Bs, i can relax a bit.

Well thats all right then. Im not to bothered about general studies but i want to do ok as its a bit of a back up isnt it. Just incase i fail another one.

I hate january exams as well. Its like who revises over christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bondboffin View Post

Well thats all right then. Im not to bothered about general studies but i want to do ok as its a bit of a back up isnt it. Just incase i fail another one.

I hate january exams as well. Its like who revises over christmas.
    I didn't bother revising over xmas, I did it a few days before my exams.
    After all the work we have to do before xmas then they expect us to revise over xmas.
    My teachers said "you can have xmas day, boxing day and new year's day off, then you should revise for the rest of the holidays!"

I revised towards the end of the holidays, started on NY's Day and have been since but now i have no motivation. the exam is tomorrow and i'm really nervous already so i'm gonna go out this afternoon and relax [hopefully!]

wow bondboffin - someone else who does critical thinking - its like unheard of!!!lol

im also doing english and business studies - i did do french but i dropped it! i have 3 exams really soon and im sooooooo scared!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Gal 88 View Post
    wow bondboffin - someone else who does critical thinking - its like unheard of!!!lol
    my sis does critical thinking too, whereas i did general studies. i heard that critical thinking is a fairly newish thing to do instead of general studies thats why not many places do it yet
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

i know i just missed critical thinking, they brought it in for the new lower 6th instead of Key Skills.

Does anybody here do key skills? I really don't see the point in it cos its just like writing a comparisson essay, highlighting things and a presentation. We did all that in GCSE english

Whats critical thinking?

i did key skills last year, but the college have got rid of it and introduced critical thinking, which i have heard is a bit like the LNAT Test and involves comparing and analysing. I dont do it though.

The general studies Science Module was so hard. I have never seen so many words i didnt understand all on one paper in my life. I hope that the culture module went better to balance it out. I felt better after that one as it was something i understood, the arguments for and against banning religious symbols in schools.

Thread Information