Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SATs

SATs

There are quite a lot of year nines on here so I thought it would be good to make up a thread similar to the one for GCSEs. I also thought it might be good to test each other to see what we need to revise?

o god dont remind me! lol erm ive still got loads to do and sats are in about 1 week! still have no idea what simultaneous equations are

Quote Originally Posted by shannisrules
    o god dont remind me! lol erm ive still got loads to do and sats are in about 1 week! still have no idea what simultaneous equations are
    Simultaenous equations are basically two equations where x and y are equal in both of them. You'd probably get asked to solve them.

Example:

y=2x+5
    x=y-15

Then you cross multiply and substitute values into different forms of the equations, and come out with the value for x and y. Simple really

Any revision guide should explain it to you properly. Thats just what i remember of then from the top of my head.

Do you understand changing the subject of a formula? I couldn't understand that if my life depended on it. If you don't have a revision guide I could scan in the page on simultaneous equations.

You'll probably only have to answer, like, 3 questions max on algebra on the whole maths paper. Its a really small part of the SATs. If you dont understand that one thing, then you'd only lose maybe 4/5 marks max. Hardly important, really.

Looking at the bigger scale of things, the SATs tests aren't that important, because if your an A* student, and dail your SATs, they'll still put you in the high sets and put you in for the higher teir exams at GCSEs. I wouldn't worry too much about it, if i were you.

Just enjoy not having to do coursework while you can!!

yeh ive got all the revision books etc lol so what are the main topics in the maths paper?

It varies with the year and the levels of the paper that you are doing. What paper are you doing?

erm think its 5-7 what paper are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Abi
    You'll probably only have to answer, like, 3 questions max on algebra on the whole maths paper. Its a really small part of the SATs. If you dont understand that one thing, then you'd only lose maybe 4/5 marks max. Hardly important, really.

Looking at the bigger scale of things, the SATs tests aren't that important, because if your an A* student, and dail your SATs, they'll still put you in the high sets and put you in for the higher teir exams at GCSEs. I wouldn't worry too much about it, if i were you.

Just enjoy not having to do coursework while you can!!
    We have been told not to worry about them too much by our english and maths teachers, but in science it's like they're the end of the world. What is the importance of the science papers? I was thinking it could be more important because of the two separately awarded science GCSEs.

erm think its 5-7 what paper are you doing?
    5-7. Missed 6-8 by like 3 marks In the 5-7 mock that I did, the main topics were shape, constructions, proportional division, changing the subject.

Thread Information