Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Always

Chapter 3

Phil heard someone leaving their seat rather abruptly and was taken aback when he looked up to find it was Sam. As she grabbed her coat, knocking her chair over in the process and left the office before anyone had a chance to stop her, Phil fought an overwhelming urge to follow her and make sure she was ok.

Leave it, he told himself, it’s not like she’d tell you if anything was wrong now anyway.

He gave yet another wistful sigh as he remembered the days when he and Sam used to talk about everything. He saw Jo get up from her desk and make like she was following Sam, so satisfied that someone cared, and feeling rather defeated, he returned to his work.

Stuart, who had been on the phone while witnessing Sam’s rather strange departure, after hanging up his phone call, rose to his feet, aiming to find Sam and ensure she was ok.

However, he was intercepted halfway to the door, by a dark-haired woman.

Jo, I think the Governor called her, Stuart remembered, thinking back to the previous little welcome home party they had had only a few minutes earlier.

“Mind if I go?” she asked.

Stuart gave her a dubious look, wanting to find Sam himself really.

Jo persisted, “I’ll make sure she’s ok.”

Stuart seemed content with that and turned to make his way back to his own desk.

As Jo made her way down the stairs from CID and into the main reception area of Sun Hill Police Station, she noticed Sam, standing at the far edge of the car park, leaning on the railings.

She walked up behind her, only speaking when she got closer, “Sam, listen, I’m sorry. You know how much my foot likes to live in my mouth. I shouldn’t have said what I did about Phil.”

Only when she came up beside Sam, did Jo notice that her mascara had run when she’d let a few unruly tears fall.

“Oh Sam”, Jo coaxed, pulling her into a hug. Sam rested her head on Jo’s shoulder for several moments, while Jo felt her body shake as she sobbed.

Then, Sam seemed to regain a little more control, pulling away from Jo, sniffing and rubbing the tears off her face.

“Jo, I’m sorry. I don’t know what came over me. I never . . . “

“Cry?”

Sam looked down at her feet a little sheepishly.

Jo attempted to make her feel better, “Hey, don’t worry Sarge, your secrets safe with me.”

Sam smiled by way of gratitude.

“Sam, feel free to tell me to mind my own business, but are you gonna tell me what has the great Samantha Nixon crying like a baby?”

“Hey?” Sam protested, slapping her playfully on the arm. Jo giggled a little as Sam continued. “It’s just . . . Phil”, she admitted after a minute.

“He’s not very happy about you going out with this DS?”

“No, it’s just the opposite. I mean, when we first started going out, he tried to put Stuart off by telling him I was a grandma, but apart from that . . .”

Jo rolled her eyes and commented, “Typical Phil.”

Sam smiled at this, knowing the young DC was right; he was definitely a Phil thing to do.

“It’s just . . . I like Stuart, I do, but I thought Phil would be . . . I don’t know?” she resigned.

“Jealous?” Jo asked.

Sam shrugged, not sure herself. “I’m a horrible person aren’t I?”

“Well . . . “ Jo began, but didn’t get a chance to finish, as DS Stuart Turner came up behind them.

“Hey.”

Aww poor Sam. I hope Phil acts more jealous in real life than he does in this lol

great update. poor sam, she wants phil to be jealous! if only she knew...
    bex
    x

yeh exactly - if only she knew...
    hope you will be updating soon!!!

Aww, poor Sam and Phil. As much as I love them both, they really should get there heads banging together!!! lol. But Phil's jealousy is kinda sweet. aww.

this is really good, its nice to see the close friendship between sam and jo aswell as the unknown feelings(to each other) that sam and phil have
    Last edited by Pixie; 25-04-2006 at 02:06.

This is great, loving all the Phil and sam stories. Good to see Jo back in it to.

ok, well this is a short chapter, but im in college

Stuart came up beside Sam, sliding his arm around her waist as he did.

“Hey, are you ok?” he asked her, sounding genuinely concerned.

Sam immediately felt stupid. Wiping several tears from her face, she tried to sound as reassuring as she could, “Yeah Stuart, I’m fine. Tank-you”. She smiled to try and back her claims.

She glanced over at Jo, who seemed to have found something rather interesting on her shoes. Suddenly, she felt very uncomfortable stood there.

She took a step forward, so Stuarts arm dropped down to his side. “Well”. She started glancing down at her watch, “My shift finished 5 minutes ago, so I’m going to go home.”

She turned her back on her best friend and her boyfriend and all but sprinted towards her car.

“Do you want a lift?” Stuart’s voice called after her.

“No thanks, I’m fine”, she called back, feeling worse than she had in her entire life.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Later that night, Sam stepped out of the hot, bubbly bath she had been soaking in for the last hour to find she had missed a call. Pushing the message button, she listened to Stuart’s voice as she dried herself off and put on her favourite silk PJ’s.

“Sam, it’s just me ringing to make sure you’re ok. You can ring me back if you want, I’ll be here all night. See you tomorrow at work”.

Sam sighed. She had hoped a long, hot soak in a bubbly bath would clear her mind and let her focus better, but all it had achieved was to wrinkle her skin so she looked like a prune.

Lying down on her bed on her stomach, she reached beneath her bed to pull out her diary.

Opening it up to a fresh page, she began to write:

Made a total fool of myself today. Now Stuart thinks I’m a moody cow and Jo thinks I’m a selfish bitch only out to get I want

But that’s not true.

I like Stuart, I really do. He’s nice and smart and funny.

Ugh, she thought to herself. I can’t do this tonight. She slapped the diary shut, pulled up the covers around her and switched off the light.

awww poor sam Hopefully Phil can cheer her up lol

This was really good update soon!
    Last edited by emma172; 02-05-2006 at 16:11.

yeh - heres hoping that phil (knight in shining armour) will come and cheer her up!!!

Thread Information