Thread: Seans Family to arrive in Weatherfield

Cool Seans Family to arrive in Weatherfield

Antony Cotton who plays Sean Tully on Coronation Street has told the Manchester Evening News that one day, he'd like to be "landlady" of the Rovers Return. And Sean fans will be pleased to hear that he’ll keep his bar job at the Rovers when Liz McDonald takes over. Antony, 30, told the paper that he is delighted for co-star Bev Callard who plays Liz McDonald. "I don't think it's Sean's time yet. But it's been mooted. In the future, who knows? I would definitely like to be the landlady of the Rovers before I leave, although I love Corrie and have got no intention of going anywhere at the moment." And the paper revealed that Sean is to be joined by other members of his family, including an "unconventional" mum and dad - and a "proper boyfriend".
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by alan45
    Antony Cotton who plays Sean Tully on Coronation Street has told the Manchester Evening News that one day, he'd like to be "landlady" of the Rovers Return. And Sean fans will be pleased to hear that he’ll keep his bar job at the Rovers when Liz McDonald takes over. Antony, 30, told the paper that he is delighted for co-star Bev Callard who plays Liz McDonald. "I don't think it's Sean's time yet. But it's been mooted. In the future, who knows? I would definitely like to be the landlady of the Rovers before I leave, although I love Corrie and have got no intention of going anywhere at the moment." And the paper revealed that Sean is to be joined by other members of his family, including an "unconventional" mum and dad - and a "proper boyfriend".
    Sounds good. I like Sean's character and i am glad that he is being explored more with his family coming in etc, and i am glad that he will get proper boyfriend, hopefully this will be a serious storyline for him because we need to see some drama from him and not the comedy aspect all the time

aww id love to see sean with a proper boyfriend. I think he needs a family of his own.

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet actor Tim Healy has joined the cast of Coronation Street.

Healy - who starred as Dennis Patterson in the BBC comedy - is to play Brian Tully, the father of Rovers barman Sean (Antony Cotton). The pair will finally be re-united at the funeral of Sean's aunt.

A show insider said: “Sean’s forced into making contact with his dad and it opens a whole can of worms. Brian doesn’t even know Sean is gay.”

Of his role, the actor said: “I am thrilled to be joining the cast of Coronation Street. I have already been in to meet Antony.

“I appeared on the show in 1976 as a bingo caller in a scene with Hilda Ogden, so to come back 30 years later is fantastic.”

A spokesman for the show added: "We're delighted that Tim will be working with us."

Healy, who starts filming next week, will be on-screen from Monday, June 5 and has provisionally signed for a seven episode stint.

Thats going to be a good storyline with sean "coming ou" to his family. It s a shame they are only here for 7 eppisodes at the moment. but its good to see sean getting proper storylines and a boyfriend at last

i think Tim Healey will be really good to play Sean's dad, maybe they're only contracted for 7 eps to see what the reaction is to the family to see if they wanna keep them on?

that sounds good it's about time Sean had some Hapiness

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j
    Auf Wiedersehen, Pet actor Tim Healy has joined the cast of Coronation Street.

Healy - who starred as Dennis Patterson in the BBC comedy - is to play Brian Tully, the father of Rovers barman Sean (Antony Cotton). The pair will finally be re-united at the funeral of Sean's aunt.

A show insider said: “Sean’s forced into making contact with his dad and it opens a whole can of worms. Brian doesn’t even know Sean is gay.”

Of his role, the actor said: “I am thrilled to be joining the cast of Coronation Street. I have already been in to meet Antony.

“I appeared on the show in 1976 as a bingo caller in a scene with Hilda Ogden, so to come back 30 years later is fantastic.”

A spokesman for the show added: "We're delighted that Tim will be working with us."

Healy, who starts filming next week, will be on-screen from Monday, June 5 and has provisionally signed for a seven episode stint.
    Sounds like good news. Hopefully Tim Healy will stay for longer than 7 episodes

this all sounds really good - will be good to see a more serious side of Sean when he is coming out to his dad, and will be nice to see him with a proper partner too - lets hope he is a nice guy

Thread Information