Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ivan Quits

Ivan Quits

Emmerdale actor Daniel Brocklebank has revealed he is to leave the Dales later this year.

Brocklebank, who plays Ivan Jones in the ITV soap, will film his final scenes in early June and remain on screen until July.

Speaking of his departure, he told Inside Soap: "I originally came in to do just three episodes, so to stay for a year-and-a-half has been great. I'm pleased that I'll be leaving Ivan behind on a high note, as I've really enjoyed playing him."

An insider added: "He's [Ivan] going to become a pawn in the rivalry between King & Sons and Matthew and Sadie's new business. There's also a romantic liaison on the cards for Ivan, which will come as a big shock to viewers and villagers alike."

I wonder will his new love be male or female?

I didnt actuallly mind ivan as a character,i can think of many more people i would like to see leave the dales.

maybe he will be one of the people to be killed in the explosion

I am actually gutted that he is leaving. I think there was a lot more Emmerdale producers could have done with his character but if he wanted to leave, then producers can't actually stop him.
    I really wanted Paul and Ivan to get back together but this won't happen now
    His exit sounds interesting though involving the Kings and a love interest

As far as I know, Daniel (Ivan) didn't leave of his own accord - the producers decided not to renew his contract, which baffles me, as I thought that Ivan was a very popular character.

pity he's going alot more storylines were left in him

Quote Originally Posted by iocioc
    pity he's going alot more storylines were left in him
    Yeah exactly. This is a big letdown, so much more could have been done with him.
    And why did the producers not renew his contract?? It baffles me
    As far as i knew he was popular with viewers and there were lots of stuff left for him to do.

Quote Originally Posted by daveywavey
    Yeah exactly. This is a big letdown, so much more could have been done with him.
    And why did the producers not renew his contract?? It baffles me
    As far as i knew he was popular with viewers and there were lots of stuff left for him to do.
    I completely agree with you there, that's why I set up a petition for viewers who disagree with the decision.

You can sign it at:

http://www.petitiononline.com/db3d0201/petition.html

i think its really sad to see him go he's brilliant in emmerdale sorry to see him go

ITV Teletex page 116 has confirmed what most of us already knew - that the character of Ivan was axed as part of a cast cull. (The article starts with the sentence: 'And the cull goes on...it's been revealed that actor Daniel Brocklebank will be leaving Emmerdale in June...').

So, if anyone hasn't yet signed the petition yet, and disagree with the decision to axe Ivan, please sign the petition to keep him, at:

http://www.petitiononline.com/db3d0201/petition.html

Thanks,
    Kaz.

Thread Information