View Poll Results: Would English schoolkids benefit from having foreign exchange programmes?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it would improve their speaking of a foreign language as they would have more chance to use it

10 83.33%
  • No, they would see that most countries can speak English so they don't need to bother

0 0%
  • I don't think it would make a difference

2 16.67%
  • Don't know

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should all schools have an exchange programme?

Exchanges are a great way to sample a different life in a different country, that you may not expeience on holiday with your family. You are forced into situations where you have to speak the lingo, and it's a great way to apply what you have learnt. I did 3 when I was at school (years ago!)

ye i think they are a great way to learn a different language and bond with lots of new people unfortunately our school doesnt do them

My school used to do them but I never went on any of them cos of a bad experience I had when I went on a one day trip to France with my school.

I think exchange trips might be useful for some pupils but I guess it depends on the person.
    Last edited by Florijo; 17-04-2006 at 17:27.

i think it would help, but at the same time, my school does them but i can't go on any of them becuase i'm too old, or in the past they haven't offered them to my year

yes i think they should cause they would learn bout other people

My local town is Twined with South Carolina USA because the local School does exchanges with America now and again

I think it would make a difference, get the kids to see another culture and help learn the language better. however, I don't think all schools should have it.. I think it should be earned that way it will make the student who want it work for it...
    Super Mod

Thread Information