View Poll Results: Which is more important,religion ir shopping?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Religion

5 22.73%
  • Shopping

17 77.27%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Religion or shopping?

Leicestershire in the middle of the United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by alan45
    Religion had nothing to do with the war in Iraq. Its all about oil
    Iraq's not the only war ever to have happened though is it what about all the trouble in Israel and Palistien
    Thanks Jessie Wallace For My Fab Banner

WW 1, WW 2, The Korean War, Vietnam were not because of religion
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Religion really, shopping is basically just choosing something and buying it. Religion is something much more important to me

Shopping's important to me, but so is my religion. I'm not a church goer, but I still find religion important. I think the problem is that religion doesn't appeal to people. I'm not going to try and speak for all young people, but a lot nowadays, including me, don't want to spend a Sunday morning at church. Religion is starting to lose touch a bit. I'm Roman catholic right, but I don't agree with a lot of religion's views e.g. No contraceptives. I think they need to start thinking about how they are going to bring people into the church.
    There is a song by Shania Twain (Ka-Ching!) and some of the lyrics are: Our religion is to go and blow it all
    So it's shoppin' every Sunday at the mall
    and I think that's what a lot of people do now. Sunday used to be a day of rest and a day for God. Now it's just become another day for shopping. That's really sad, that people put shopping before religion. I feel that there's no big reason for me to go to church, I'd prefer to do a bit of shopping, but on Easter Sunday. It's a special day, and I wouldn't feel right going off and shopping when it's easter. We don't seem to focus on Easter very much anymore. We don't really honour it that much, we just celebrate, because it's there. I'm sure a lot of people would prefer to shop than celebrate it. We don't find it that important anymore. That's quite sad.
    Sorry went off on one a bit
    xxx
    Last edited by Tamzi; 17-04-2006 at 15:19.
    Hiro: ...but you flying man! WHOOOOSSSHHH!
    Nathan: Would you keep it down?
    Hiro: ...whooooosh.

religion for me. there are too many shopping days as it is, i love shopping but it wouldnt hurt for the shops to be shut every now and again, there are other things to do and it would encourage more family times.
    POOKIE

aint religious so i would say shopping but here on the western isles sundays are very boring, people are at church which means us non religious people suffer cause there is no buses or shops open but that should change over the coming years
    Last edited by dddMac1; 18-04-2006 at 14:26.

Thread Information