View Poll Results: Which is more important,religion ir shopping?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Religion

5 22.73%
  • Shopping

17 77.27%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Religion or shopping?

Got peed off this morning afer driving all over Bath to get stuff for hub's barbeque (which he decided he was having at 6.30 this morning) The only shop open was the poxy Somerfield down the road which is staffed by sausage rolls.

I don't have a problem with the shops being closed over Easter and Christmas. It's not hard to plan in advance to make sure you have everything you need and it is only a day or two at most.
    Last edited by Florijo; 16-04-2006 at 15:44.

Religion wins everytime for me. You can shop almost at will these days (24/7 with the net) and that is precisely what retailers want you to do - line their greedy fat pockets with more money.

The religion/war excuse doesn't wash with me. How about Oil and War as an example.

Even if you are atheist, surely a day where you can spend time with the family and reflect is worth more than a shopping day out.

I suppose people want to shop more on easter and christmas because everything comes down in price.
    Another fantastic banner by Vixie-Lou

I voted religion, I am not a church goer myself,but think it doesnt hurt for the shops to close today, only my local shops are open, I think we a little lazy now days,and have got use to shopping when ever we like,what happened to just planning ahead. I remember a time when the shops closed for half a day on a thursday and wasn't allowed to open on sundays. we managed very well with that, and at that time, the freezer wasn't in most normal homes,

Shopping as religion, is a waste of time. Everybody goes trying to change things its religion thats causes trouble and wars.

Quote Originally Posted by hazey
    I voted religion, I am not a church goer myself,but think it doesnt hurt for the shops to close today, only my local shops are open, I think we a little lazy now days,and have got use to shopping when ever we like,what happened to just planning ahead. I remember a time when the shops closed for half a day on a thursday and wasn't allowed to open on sundays. we managed very well with that, and at that time, the freezer wasn't in most normal homes,
    Hazey how can you say that when you go out and do yor D I Y shopping bank holidays and havnt been to church since you were a little girl shsame on you.

No offence to people, but I dont like religion so I voted 4 shopping. Even through im not keen on shopping but I love shopping online as its easier for me

Quote Originally Posted by kinkybootz
    Shopping as religion, is a waste of time. Everybody goes trying to change things its religion thats causes trouble and wars.
    Religion had nothing to do with the war in Iraq. Its all about oil
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Religion wins hands down with me,, any one can shop..at any old time,My great grand ma from Wales used to have a cross stitch sampler on her wall,, it said MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL,, like NB said shop keepers are greedy and just wanna line their pockets with our hard earned money.. THIS IS MY 5 EURO CENTS WORTH

Thread Information