View Poll Results: Which is more important,religion ir shopping?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Religion

5 22.73%
  • Shopping

17 77.27%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Religion or shopping?

Religion or shopping?

Which is more important:religion or shopping?

The church of England has vowed to keep sunday special as britains shops gear up for there best easter ever.

Retailers are expecting record takings over the holiday weekend but church leaders have vowed to fight the spread of consumer culture.

The church has pledged to resist any changes to trading laws which would allow shops to open on easter sunday.
    Last edited by chance; 15-04-2006 at 17:25.

shopping for me! religion needs a good shake up and ive ot better things to do on a sunday morning than to sit and listen to a load of rubbish that needs to be changed with the times

Leicestershire in the middle of the United Kingdom
    Shopping all the way religion is the cause of many wars and the deaths of many innocent lives
    Last edited by Rach33; 15-04-2006 at 23:54.
    Thanks Jessie Wallace For My Fab Banner

Religion, you can go shopping any other day of the week. Shops are shut for 2 days a year it's not exactly gunna hrt people.

shopping for me! would much rather shop than go to church

shopping for me because im not at all relgious.
    im back everyone!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie Wallace
    Religion, you can go shopping any other day of the week. Shops are shut for 2 days a year it's not exactly gunna hrt people.
    To see people yesterday you would have thought the shops were never going to open again. My goodness surely folk can manage to give the shops a miss for one day. Spare a thought what Easter is really supposed to be about.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie Wallace
    i agree with you dawn. shopping is more important to me cos im not religious at all, however many other people in this country are religious and seeing as we live in a christian country, i think the shops should be closed on easter sunday as well as christmas day. if people suggested opening shops on xmas day i bet most people would be against the idea, not necessarily cos they are christians, but cos they actually properly celebrate xmas and would never dream of going shopping on xmas day. for christians, easter is more important than christmas (someone told me that once) but for non-religious people christmas is more important. im sure people can cope with not going shopping 2 days of the year, im sure its not a necessity that you have to go on easter sunday
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Shopping, no contest! The only time I go to church is for funerals or the christmas service with the school.

shopping as noone ever dies or causes war for the sake of shopping but they do for religion

Thread Information