Page 72 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: G.C.S.E's

Well done Samantha Nixon, they're really great. I wouldn't be too worried about the D. Like you said, you can resit it if you want next year, but as the Science modules go on and you sit more exams in that module, say if you get 2 Cs and a D, the 2 Cs would cancel out the D giving you a C overall.

In the exams you just got the results back from, if you got a high C and a high D, then if you mix the results together, you'd get a C overall. Hope that makes sense!

Yh that does make sense so as i got a C and a D this time and last time i got a C and a B does that mean overall so far id have a C

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

Since I'm at the same school as Sam, I also got my most recent two module results back today. I'm very happy with my results, I was very surprised with them.

I didn't even realise we were getting them yet, I was just going up to the teacher's desk to ask him something, when people starting patting me on the back and congratulating me, I was like 'What the.. ?', lol.

And Sam, stop worrying about your results! They're great!
    Last edited by laurouski; 27-04-2007 at 21:39.

Quote Originally Posted by samantha nixon View Post
    Yh that does make sense so as i got a C and a D this time and last time i got a C and a B does that mean overall so far id have a C
    Yeah that's right as the B would drag the D up to a C, and you have two Cs already, so i think that'll make it a C overall.

ok thanks dave, hopfull ill do well in the next 2 and atleast get a c overall

and laura what did you get?

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

Two A*'s.

I'm telling you there was a mistake with the marking or something - not that I'm complaining or anything!
    I wasn't very confident at all when we came out of them, I really wasn't expecting this. This honestly isn't fake modesty or anything, I mean, I'm not very confident about Chemistry and Physics anyway, but when I was revising there was so much that I wasn't sure about at all, just didn't have time to revise them properly. I went in feeling worried and I am just so shocked.

It does go to show that revision makes more of a difference than I thought, though. Last time I did about 5 of the tests on Bitesize (in my defence, we weren't told very far in advance, as I think I've moaned about already ); this time I skimmed through the two sections that we were being tested on in the text book, and improved my grade.

It's weird because in the last modules, when we did Biology and Chemistry (Human Biology and Products from Rocks, I think), I did better at Chemistry (well, I did in the mocks - in the actual exams I got the same grade in these two sections), even though Biology is the subject that I've always preferred and felt more confident in. Also, this time our teacher went on maternity leave a couple of weeks before the exam, and the teacher we were left with couldn't really control the class properly, and didn't give us very helpful work, so that also made me feel less confident about getting a half decent grade, but somehow I improved, and so did quite a few people that I know. Maybe we thrive under pressure more than we thought, or something.

So if I get a letter through the post telling me that I was sent the wrong grades, I'll let you know!

Sorry for going on, I just think it's strange.

Anyway, Sam - a C is really good , and don't forget that if you do still feel unhappy with any of your grades, you can re-sit them. And, like I said, we weren't prepared as well this time around, so if you feel that this may have affected your grades, you could re-sit them just to put your mind at rest.

Well done, Layne , and Abbie - I hope that the other IT teacher is right!
    Last edited by laurouski; 29-04-2007 at 00:50.

Wow Laura 2 A*'s, I thought Leanne was being smart lol with 1 A*
    well done

My French speaking GCSE is this Thursday. It's worth 25% of my final grade, i feel ok about it, but i'm a bit nervous. Have learnt all the conversations roughly now, just the role plays i'm worrying a bit about, as they're gonna be on something completely random, but i've learnt a few new things that i could say on my role plays, so i'm gonna try and use that in my role plays to try and get a high mark. I'm just hoping all goes ok. Plus i have an hour or so to revise solidly before the exam as i have to stay in the library to prevent cheating, so atleast i would have gone through it all again just before i go into the exam.

Im sure you'll be fine davey, when I did my exam it was the second one in the afternoon so I had classes in the morning then after lunch had to go the classroom they were using as the waiting area and only had 10 mins to quickly go over my stuff

I found out my Drama coursework result today. I got 101/120, i'm well chuffed! I think it's a high B or an A..not quite sure..

Thread Information