Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Labels

Never change yourself, just becuase stupid bullies are jealous of you. Be yourself and never change

I hate being labelled, almost everyday people come up to me and ask if I'm a goth or something. I don't get upset but it's very annoying.
    I don't like labels anyway, I don't think you should have to be put in a certain catagory. Be yourself and you'd be much happier.

Labels Suck.
    Because im interested in the emo/post-hardcore genre of music and hang around with alternative people "i.e not chavs and townies [ sorry about labelling =S ]
    i get steriotyped as "emo" which is impossible to be beacuse its must be pretty hard to be a genre a music...tis like labbeling yourself "dance" or "pop" or something.
    Its utterly pointless.
    I know quite alot of "emo" people and they DO self harm and listen to emotional music but im still not 100% happy that they labeled themselves because once people find out your best mates with "emos" they insteantly catorgorise you as one too. another crappy label like this is "scene"...
    I get depressed [ like everyone ]. I have a myspace account. I listen to emotional music. I wear drainpipe trousers and a studded belt. I have a fringe over one eye. BUT this doesnt make me emo. IM NOT EVEN SAYING THIS IS EMO. its seteriotypes. Emo's stupid as a label. Everyone has emotions so surely everyones a lil bit "emo"? In my opinion labels are stupid beacsue the last thing we need are catorgires to split this us up even more!! People who do label themselves tend to be very arrogant ive found. sometimes it annoyes methier my freinds and ill stand by whatever decisions they want to make in thier lives.
    Im not going to change beacause narrow minded people THINK im emo. they can get screwed for all i care. I like my music and the way i dress and just beacause people steriotype me because of it doesnt mean im gonna change.
    BUT ID JUST LIKE TO SAY TO ALL THE WANNABES - JUST BEACAUSE YOU LIKE PANIC! AT THE DISCO IT DOESNT MAKE YOU EMO!! GRRRR. sorry ive just noticed this, alot of kiddies saying "oh im so emo, i like panic at the disco and fall out boy" your not emo lil child, your falling into the medias interpretation of emo, i liked those bands 12 months ago before they got big and you heard thier songs on the radio....
    x x x x
    [P.S sorry about the rant]
    Last edited by *Cris*; 17-04-2006 at 14:05.

Thread Information