Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Jean Slater (Gillian Wright)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I dont see the point of Jean staying without Stacey tbh
    Me either

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I dont see the point of Jean staying without Stacey tbh
    It's difficult to say without seeing it though, isn't it?

Well if Charlie is leaving it also would be strange to keep Mo. But she could make a nice team with Jeaan. Jean also works well with Kat and Alfie so I can see it being a success.

EastEnders star Gillian Wright has revealed that she would like her character Jean Slater to find love once she arrives back on Albert Square.

Jean returns to the BBC soap early next week as she completes her course in a psychiatric clinic and heads back to the Queen Vic to stay with Kat and Alfie Moon.

Speaking to Inside Soap about the possibility of romance ahead for her character, Wright commented: "Of course I would like her to get a new man! Everyone wants Jean to find love.

"The two questions I'm always asked are, 'Where did Jean buy the pink flamingo cardigan?' and 'When will Jean find love?' But I don't think I'd match her up with anyone from Walford!"

Discussing the public's response to her role, she continued: "I get nothing but smiles, hugs and kisses. And the occasional person asks if I'm okay and if I need any help!

"What's great for me is that a lot of people come over to tell me that Jean is their favourite character in the show - that's just really lovely."

Wright has played the role of Jean on-and-off since 2004. The decision to keep the character in Albert Square was confirmed by bosses last November.

DS

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-03-2011)

EastEnders star Gillian Wright has claimed that Jean Slater is potentially "cruel, ugly and nasty".

Her character Jean, who suffers from bipolar disorder, became the victim of fraud earlier this year when she involved herself with businessman Michael Moon.

Wright, who won the 'Best Actress' award at last week's Inside Soap Awards, was asked by the BBC why fans might be fond of her alter ego.

She responded: "Maybe her honesty? Whether she's up or down, she tries her best, even if her best can be pathetic! She can be cruel, ugly and nasty, but at the same time she can be quite funny.

"I hope I'm always surprising the audience. You can never really anticipate how she's going to behave."

Meanwhile, the actress also revealed that Jean would be taking a "back seat" for a while, sharing some light-hearted scenes behind the Vic bar with Fatboy.

"I'm currently taking a very nice back seat with Ricky Norwood in the Queen Vic," the star added. "We've had a few lovely moments, and we're enjoying working together."

EastEnders actress Gillian Wright is to leave the soap after eight years as Jean Slater.

The 53-year-old is shooting her final scenes this week, with her last moments on screen due to air in October.

Wright first appeared on the BBC soap as Jean Slater in late 2004, before being made a regular member in 2007.

The actress has won several awards for her portrayal of the bipolar disorder sufferer, including 'Best Actress' at the 2012 Inside Soap Awards.

Jean's departure from Albert Square is thought to be linked with newcomer Ollie. As the pair continue to grow close, Jean deliberates over telling him about her condition.

Jean and Ollie end their date with a kiss.
    © BBC
    Jean's departure is thought to be linked to Ollie

In a statement, the actress said: "It has been a huge privilege to play Jean Slater these last eight years.

"I treasure the viewers' care and love for the character not only through her hard times but through all the laughter too.

"I will miss EastEnders enormously, but it is time for me to step back and enjoy other acting challenges.

"I would love Jean to return to The Square one day, so let's hope this is not goodbye, but au revoir."

I like her character

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (31-07-2013), lizann (01-08-2013), tammyy2j (31-07-2013)

Great character and actor, hope she does return ,if only for some short stints.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (31-07-2013)

I hope she leaves happy with Ollie

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (31-07-2013), lizann (01-08-2013), Perdita (31-07-2013)

She don't look 53

I don't watch EastEnders that much any more but I'm gutted Jean is my favourite character.

Hope she does get a happy ending but I'm not convinced that she will, as I believe that Ollie is a guest character. Until October seems a bit long for a stint as a guest character..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (11-09-2013)

Thread Information